Esteemed Contributor

Re: FOR MY QVC TRAVELING FRIENDS PLEASE READ

@Pink123 wrote:

I wanted to give those interested an update today.

I still have not got a phone, trying with passport and their system is down but that's ok.

I called my Doctor and told them the situation.  He called in the medications to the pharmacy.  

I called the pharmacy before I went.  They NEEDED the police report from Madrid and thank God we went and got the full report.  It listed all the medications that were stolen.

the pharmacy told me to bring the police report and my passport to discuss.  What he wanted to see is the list of medications that were stolen and they were all there.

I got my medications and upon checkout showed my passport.  One thing off the list.

Bottom line, god forbid if anything happens you must write each of the medications that were stolen at the police station.

Hopefully get a phone tomorrow.

@Pink123  when it comes to medications stolen from your house or from your purse while you are in the US, you should also get a police report and present it to the pharmacy. Without that, you will have to wait until your next refil to get your medications or sometimes the pharmacy will let you pay cash for it.

If your doctor has samples then you might be in luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@Twins Mom   Thank you for your kind post.  Yes I'm jumping through hoops. Got medications, getting new credit cards, except I can't get a phone.  Can you believe this?  I guess my passport is not good enough.  I want to purchase the phone in full.  Whats the big deal???  Think I will go buy a tracfone tommorow at Target so I can talk to my little family at least.  We sat 3 hours at Verizon with no success.  Crazy.  For alot of money.

@Pink123  that's terrible. They won't sell you a phone? I thought they would be glad to get the sale. Did you have insurance on the phone that was stolen? 

So glad your passport was not in the stolen bag.

Yes try Target for the tracfone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pink123 :  You probably lost an I phone; I suggest you go on Amazon and buy an unlocked Samsung and have Verizon hook it up ( I leave a $20 tip to tech).  These are brand new phones and if you have any problems with hookup you can quickly return to Amazon ( and save several hundred $ over Verizon store price).

Trusted Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

@Pink123 

Difficulty with getting phone?  Never thought about that!  

Again, I am sure crooks know how to get around that.

You are a stylish traveler wearing jeans.  I could not last "constricted" like that on a long trip.  I go with stretchy, flowy stuff.

@Twins Mom  Woman LOLWoman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@patbz  No not an I phone.  I just prefer android.

Well today went ok.  I got my new phone finally and it's up and running!  Contacts, everything is there thnk goodness.  Only some missing pictures which is no big deal.

The only thing I have to do with Verizon is when I get my new driver's license I have to go back to store and set me up for payment.  I pre-paid for one month.  A passport is not good enough?  

Maybe I should have taken my birth certificate, marriage certificates and anything else on my name in a huge sack.

All for a phone.  Oh my god. lol.

Trusted Contributor

@Sage04  no I did not have insurance on the phone.

He didn't take out travel insurance either.  We have been in contact with the airlines and we will be able to rebook for up to a year.  The tickets going to 3 countries were expensive as it was business class.

So, now we have a week and a half to plan a new trip and itinerary.

We are thinking around mid September.  Weather should be lovely. We have over a week to  make reservations for another trip.

Respected Contributor

@Pink123 

Oh please keep us posted.  I envy you.... Great destinations.

Trusted Contributor

Hi All.  I just wanted to post an update as it's been two weeks.  I've gotten everything replaced except the insurance card.  Since I moved  I had to get Social Security involved to get  my medical insurance card  replaced.  It will arrive in a month.  I forgot all about that one.  Still don't have new health insurance card yet either.....hopefully this week.

The good news is we have booked another trip end of September. Itinerary all set.  We will be going 12 days to Austria and Germany.  Not trying Spain so soon again.... just no.  Not ready. Maybe next year.

Thanks for all your replies.

Honored Contributor

I did not read this entire thread, so this may duplicate.  Get a crossbody handbag, Lug, leather, whatever.  Make sure it holds all ID, credit cards, etc.  Also all meds.  Losing half by splitting up in different suitcases doesn't really help much.  Keep them in that crossbody at all times and never take the bag off.  I mean never.  You can ride in a car, or public transportation with it.  You can even eat with it, no bags draped on the bag of your chair.  Your hands are free at all times.  I do this unconsciously most of the time now, and I live in a very safe area.

Trusted Contributor

@Pink123  So glad to hear that you are recovering from this awful experience.  

Austria is a beautiful country.  You will love it!