Esteemed Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@Somertime  Well said! I agree with everything you said. I met Joan when I was about 16. She was almost twice my age and she made an indelible mark on my life. I met her in the apartment building we were living in and she would always stop by to see her agent. We would be waiting for the elevator and she started talking to me. Me, I was dumbfounded. The builsing had only 4 apts. on each floor and was mostly a commercial building. I was never thrilled about that because at night, the building emptied out. I digress.

She asked about me and I said how I admired her. From then on, every time we would see each other, we would talk a little. We would hold up the elevator and just chat. She was just JOAN. Bigger than life to me. I felt her strength, warmth and persistence towards what she wanted in life. Me, a nobody, a pisher, a teenager. I had a tough life and she made me see what can be done to change situations and make things better. She contributed to my well being by just talking to me, on the spur of the moment. She will  always be true to me and in my heart. She said I should just call her Joan.

Then she became JOAN RIVERS but always just JOAN to me!❤️️

@Coquille  - a pisher, huh? I love it.

Thank you so much for sharing your memories of "just" Joan. She obviously touched so many people's lives. Not the stage Joan, but "just Joan." I've always referred to her as Joanie, as that's how I felt about her. I still talk to her and ask her advice. "What would Joanie do?"

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad I had the opportunity to see Joan live in Vegas in the 70's.  I faithfully watched her on QVC and purchased many of her items which I still have.  She was a  joy to watch and will never be forgotten.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I also loved watching her sell clothing or her jewelry...on QVC

I have bought many of her pin/earrings sets in a beautiful jewlry box...i even shared a few sets with my  daughter and a d/i/l....made both of them  verry happy that i did!

Yes...i still have a few earrings that i kept for my self...

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

I still think of Joan often .. I was a huge fan ....

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

A very sad day for Melissa and Cooper, I miss her too!! I had the pleasure of being in the studio audience on Joan and Kathy's last show together, it was an amazing experience. 

Shoekitty said

you were there.  How fun to see Kathy and Joan together.  Just like a Vegas show!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I watch very little of today’s tv. She lives on YouTube. I watch her often. Or really just listen to her while I get a few chores done.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.