Honored Contributor

@cherry 

Oh my gosh those 2 ladies together!!....Smiley Very Happy

Sometimes...i think they forgot what jewelry they were even selling...they were a great pair to see and hear.Heart

Those were the good old days on QVCHeart

Great memories...i bet Kathy is still laughing while thinking of Joan but yet sad losing a great friend.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

5 years?..oh my gosh..it seems like yesterday!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I can't believe it's been 5 years.

Joan was one of those people that I felt was going to be around forever.   

Honored Contributor

Re: FOR: JOAN RIVERS

[ Edited ]

A very sad day for Melissa and Cooper, I miss her too!! I had the pleasure of being in the studio audience on Joan and Kathy's last show together, it was an amazing experience. 

Respected Contributor

I miss Joan Rivers.

She was and still is very inspirational to many people.

Respected Contributor

Joan Rivers was an inveterate collector.  I had the good fortune of meeting with her twice when I worked in New York.  At one time I worked for prominent Gallery whose specialities were Fine French Furniture as well as other fine works of art.  Metropolitan Museum was one of our clients.  She made an appointment to view several pieces that she was interested in.  She arrived unaccompanied, this was the private Joan Rosenberg.  Nothing at all like Joan Rivers, the comedienne.  Beautifully dressed, very soft spoken, very kind and very refined, beautiful manners.  An entirely different side than what she shows to the public.  Curious and knowledgeable as well.  She was there for 2 hours, thanked all when she left and later sent a thank note as well.  At another time, we hosted a very Social Register and Prestigious event at the Gallery which was by invitation only.  Duponts, Rockefeller, Brooke Astor, etc. and Joan Rivers.  She arrived with Orin Lehman to who she was engaged at the time, again no appearance of the public Joan and again, another thank you note.  She was a kind, nice, lovely woman in her private life that bore no resemblance to the public Joan.  She is missed for her humor, her creativity and her endless humanitarianism toward God's Love, We Deliver.

You are missed, Joan!

Honored Contributor

@Somertime  such a wonderful tribute. thank you

Respected Contributor

@Somertime  Well said! I agree with everything you said. I met Joan when I was about 16. She was almost twice my age and she made an indelible mark on my life. I met her in the apartment building we were living in and she would always stop by to see her agent. We would be waiting for the elevator and she started talking to me. Me, I was dumbfounded. The builsing had only 4 apts. on each floor and was mostly a commercial building. I was never thrilled about that because at night, the building emptied out. I digress.

She asked about me and I said how I admired her. From then on, every time we would see each other, we would talk a little. We would hold up the elevator and just chat. She was just JOAN. Bigger than life to me. I felt her strength, warmth and persistence towards what she wanted in life. Me, a nobody, a pisher, a teenager. I had a tough life and she made me see what can be done to change situations and make things better. She contributed to my well being by just talking to me, on the spur of the moment. She will  always be true to me and in my heart. She said I should just call her Joan.

Then she became JOAN RIVERS but always just JOAN to me!❤️️

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Valued Contributor

Can We Talk?  LOL!  Still miss seeing Joan on the Q and I always loved those commercial type segments she used to do for QVC.  They were hysterical.  Sometimes when i watch David Dangle presenting Joan's line, I feel like Joan is right by David's side in spirit. 

Honored Contributor

Re: FOR: JOAN RIVERS

[ Edited ]

I wanted to add. I think Joan hits a soft spot  with many of us for her perseverance in life.

she is open about being broke, almost friendless, and shunned by her business. Then left alone and in debt and grieving. Like Debbie Reynalds and Doris Day she worked her way out bankruptcy or debt with kids. Due to no mismanagement of their own. Comeback kid for sure.  Plus she was funny,  just darn funny.  I loved her outlook, and such a hard worker.  In her crowd it was lots of late night rowdy crowds.   But most of all, she was thankful and humble.  She knew what it was like to be down, and what it was like ito be up.  She was a oner for sure.  Just one of those people you love ,