Honored Contributor

Re: FIRE HAS RIPPED THROUGH RACHAEL RAYS HOME

[ Edited ]

WOW!!!! The most important thing is that she, and her husband, mom, and dog are all safe......

But DEVASTATING none-the-less....and heartbreaking that special items/mementos are gone....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I hadn't realized that her beloved pooch, Isaboo, had just passed away in May.

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden,
She can afford any price?

That's not what she told me last time we talked.
Honored Contributor

Re: neRe: FIRE HAS RIPPED THROUGH RACHAEL RAYS HOME

@KingstonsMom wrote:

8:15 AM PT -- Rachael just shared her appreciation for everyone concerned about her, and for the fire fighters who tried to save what they could of her house.

She tweeted ... "Thank you to our local first responders for being kind and gracious and saving what they could of our home. Grateful that my mom, my husband, my dog… we’re all okay. These are the days we all have to be grateful for what we have, not what we’ve lost."

Such true words to be spoken.  Even in non-disastrous times, we should all think that way.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Somebody always has to make it about money.

Respected Contributor

One cousin a few years ago had his house burn down and he lost every single thing he owned. It was so sad. But he was safe.

Honored Contributor

We had a house fire when I was a 10.  Gutted whole house.  I was watching Lone Ranger, and I swear to God they had a brush fire on the plains.  The lone Ranger had to save the horses and a woman  i was thinking, wow this smells real!!. As smoke came under the door.  Anyway, we were all safe, but I can tell you from experience the smell of anything that survives is so awful, you have to throw it out.  The clothes, blistering of furniture that doesnt burn, and the smoke damage is awful  .  Most of the stuff in her home will need to be thrown out.  The water and chemicals they use to put fire out, often does more damage than fire.  I feel for her.  The after smell is nauseating. 

Honored Contributor

Am so sorry this happened to her, but so happy to hear her family was able to get out of the house with no one hurt.
Honored Contributor

So very sad. I've been watching all the shows from her home.  A few weeks back she gave us a tour of her kitchen and showed so many beautiful things she's collected & family memorable pieces.

Thank God no one was hurt.  I can't imagine the devastation as her home if her "happy place" like all of us.

I can't imagine what caused it. 

Praying for her and her family🙏🏻

Valued Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

So good that everyone is safe for sure.

Thank you for the videos you shared with the news on the fire.

@FlowerBear 

😊...you are welcome!  Very sad & traumatic to lose the roof over your head no matter what your income/economic status is.