Trusted Contributor

Eyelash extensions?

[ Edited ]

How do you decide the right eyelash (length) extensions?

How are they attached?

Thank you.

Hung

Valued Contributor

Watch some tutorials to get more information.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eyelash extensions?

[ Edited ]

Glued on and some kinds of glue are not good for your lashes...makes them brittle.

Honored Contributor

They use an adhesive.  They’re applied individually and need to be touched up every few weeks.  

As far as the length, that depends on what look you’re going for.  Look online to see what they look like 

Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell I'm no expert and haven't worn them in years; however, I will say that you would be happiest with "sparse" lashes. Nothing screams fake lashes more than those really thick too long ones. They seemed to have come into fashion again. I see them everywhere. Yesterday, dh and I were at the dollar store picking up cards and the gal that checked us out had ones on like I mentioned above. Too thick. Yikes.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

You can get what's called 'partial extensions' where they apply individual hairs to the outer-sections of your lash line and it looks more natural that way.

download (1).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You can get what's called 'partial extensions' where they apply individual hairs to the outer-sections of your lash line and it looks more natural that way.

download (1).jpg

I believe you can buy "demi's" if you want a strip and not individuals.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Mine used to individually applied with glue.  But they don’t last long.  Down with drain with your money.

Super Contributor

I've watched Youtube tutorials on them. Each lash hair is applied with glue separately. You're not supposed to curl your lashes or put mascara on them. And in my opinion they look ridiculous and fake.

Honored Contributor

Evine had false eyelashes that were attached with magnets.  They looked easy to put on and natural looking.  The presentation was interesting.