Honored Contributor

Whose life....????  The life of the purchaser, the life of the product being sold, or the life of the manufacturer?????

Every time I see this on TV, I always say this to myself.  How about you???

Respected Contributor

Re: Guaranteed For Life?????

I would say the life of the company since no one will make good on that promise once they no longer exist. 

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

Whose life....????  The life of the purchaser, the life of the product being sold, or the life of the manufacturer?????

Every time I see this on TV, I always say this to myself.  How about you???

you have to ALWAYS read the terms and conditions and fine print.

it can be any of those things.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It generally means, "For as long as you (the purchaser) own the item."    Some guarantees.....like for a furnace or roof.......must be transferred to the new owner (probably for a fee) when the house is sold.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Oh I know what it means.....but just think it is funny....especially when it is in a commercial on tv.....no fine print there.....lol

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

It generally means, "For as long as you (the purchaser) own the item."    Some guarantees.....like for a furnace or roof.......must be transferred to the new owner (probably for a fee) when the house is sold.

@Desertdi

Unless even though your roof still did have warranty on it but the Owner of the Business had a heart attack & dies. The business is now closed.

That's what happened to us 6 months after we had our new roof installed. Thankfully we have not had any issues.

If the warranty is only for the original owner just use their name for the warranty work. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a Suzanne Somers ring many years ago that was guaranteed for life. It has turned 50 shades of gross. There’s no way it’s returnable - she’s been with 4 stations since then. 

Same with Lori Greiner silver keeper keeping your jewelry tarnish free for 25-40 years. Is that if you don’t open the lid? And who did the study on that piece of info?

Oh the buzz words that sell...

Honored Contributor

I've seen the commercial for luggage that is guaranteed for "life."  Have never heard of the company and I suspect once they make their financial goal, the "life" will be over.

Honored Contributor

Really, I was only trying to have a little fun on here today.  We have had some very serious threads lately, and I thought it might be fun to have a little fun.  

Honored Contributor

I've never given it a second thought.

It seems pretty self-explanatory