Respected Contributor

Re: Eye opener. See inside a Houston hospital.

@cbrite 

For some watching this video could be upsetting but for others it might be better if they would watch it to see that the virus is real and all ages are getting it. Covid-19 is not fake news. Sometimes enough is not enough.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets @One of the key reasons I posted is that the video turns abstract discussion of a virus into a reality that people are living. All ages are getting it, and as the video shows, some of the younger people are VERY SICK. There are those that think younger people just don't become seriously ill. There are many that think this is fake news. There are those that think the wearing a mask and social distancing means they can't catch the virus. There are those that believe that at home self isolation is 100% protective, which the husband and wife in the video show is not true. Many don't realize that all these protective measures help but they are not 100% infallible. It is good to know that this hospitals' staff infection rate is almost nil due to all the strategies they are employing to protect the workers. This video provides a real look inside. 

@chiclets wrote:

@cbrite 

For some watching this video could be upsetting but for others it might be better if they would watch it to see that the virus is real and all ages are getting it. Covid-19 is not fake news. Sometimes enough is not enough.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@chiclets @One of the key reasons I posted is that the video turns abstract discussion of a virus into a reality that people are living. All ages are getting it, and as the video shows, some of the younger people are VERY SICK. There are those that think younger people just don't become seriously ill. There are many that think this is fake news. There are those that think the wearing a mask and social distancing means they can't catch the virus. There are those that believe that at home self isolation is 100% protective, which the husband and wife in the video show is not true. Many don't realize that all these protective measures help but they are not 100% infallible. It is good to know that this hospitals' staff infection rate is almost nil due to all the strategies they are employing to protect the workers. This video provides a real look inside. 

@chiclets wrote:

@cbrite 

I don't think the overall infection rate among hospital staff was very high anywhere.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@chiclets wrote:

@cbrite 

I don't think the overall infection rate among hospital staff was very high anywhere.  

We don't know because they take these actions. In New York the staff infection rate was very high. 

Honored Contributor

😭😭 This is NOT the norm in all hospitals! Triple PPE? I wish. We fight to get one N95 to use over and over. We’re also always understaffed and can’t even get a water break most of the time. Over 80 nurses and staff have contracted COVID with several deaths. Might explain why we are on strike right now. 😢

Actually, healthcare workers ARE high risk to contract and often get a nasty case, possibly due to the high viral load exposure.
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@chiclets wrote:

@cbrite 

We don't know because they take these actions. In New York the staff infection rate was very high. 

One of the reasons the staff infection rate was high was due to the scarcity of PPE available. Healthcare providers were force to use garbage bags held together with tape over their clothing and had to wear their masks until they fell apart. Hopefully the lession was learned on the back of our heros as well as the treatments to determine those that worked were used on our patients. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I didn't need to watch this, very early on I watched a report on what was happening in hospitals and that put the fear of God in me.

I'll never forget the Doctor who said, " I am the person who has to ask the patient if they have anything to say, because it may be their last words,  before I put them on a respirator."

I'll wear the mask and do anything to stay safe and be thankful for our brave medical workers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
😭😭 This is NOT the norm in all hospitals! Triple PPE? I wish. We fight to get one N95 to use over and over. We’re also always understaffed and can’t even get a water break most of the time. Over 80 nurses and staff have contracted COVID with several deaths. Might explain why we are on strike right now. 😢

Actually, healthcare workers ARE high risk to contract and often get a nasty case, possibly due to the high viral load exposure.

All true, yet, fortunately, the hospital in the video has enough PPE available to prevent most staff illnesses. This doesn't mean other hospitals are having anywhere near such a good outcome for staff. So sorry to hear about your hospital.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

@bikerbabe, I just spoke to a Cleveland Clinic doctor last week who has worked treating Covid patients. She said the rule at the hospital is if everyone can't have PPE then no one can have it so they often worked without it.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:

All true, yet, fortunately, the hospital in the video has enough PPE a dis able to prevent most staff illnesses. This doesn't mean other hospitals are having anywhere near such a good outcome for staff. So sorry to hear about your hospital.

And maybe the fact that they have so much a high reserve of  PPE is due to their governor.  And perhaps due to the fact that they didn't have a high number of infections in the beginning and were able to build up that stockpile.