Honored Contributor

Re: Extended Return Policy is Ending...

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I haven't seen any other threads about this.

Mary Beth is on-air saying that tomorrow (May 31) is the last day for the 90-day return policy.

Starting Monday, June 1, the return policy goes back to 30 days.

Then they shot themselves in the foot. I take it then that orders won't take 3 to 4 weeks to be delivered? Otherwise, they might as well say Final Sale on everything...

@geezerette 

that is not how it works. you have 30 days from the date you received the item to make a return. a very reasonable policy.

@sunshine45 

Yes, I realize that.

If you order anything today or tomorrow, you will have 90 days to return it.

Whatever you order starting Monday, you will only have 30 days to return it.

No.

If I order an item today, and I get it 17 days from now, the 30-day return clock starts ticking on the day that I get my item in to my hot little hands, not on the day that I ordered it.

@Anonymous032819 

You are correct.  I incorrectly assumed that everyone knew that and my wording isn't exactly to that affect.

However, whatever I order today and tomorrow I have 90 days to return after I get the order.  As opposed to whatever I order starting Monday and beyond, at which point I will only have 30 days to return my order--after I receive it.

Happy now?

Honored Contributor

Its funny, I've been better at returning just as soon as I can, go figure.  I'm thinking if people keep things two or three months they will forget to return them.  (Now where did I put that whatever?)

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Its funny, I've been better at returning just as soon as I can, go figure.  I'm thinking if people keep things two or three months they will forget to return them.  (Now where did I put that whatever?)

i try to do the same thing @depglass .....return quickly......because i have done that before......put aside an item and then forget about it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Mary Beth is on-air saying that tomorrow (May 31) is the last day for the 90-day return policy.

Then they shot themselves in the foot. I take it then that orders won't take 3 to 4 weeks to be delivered? Otherwise, they might as well say Final Sale on everything...

@geezerette 

that is not how it works. you have 30 days from the date you received the item to make a return. a very reasonable policy.

@sunshine45 

Yes, I realize that.

No.

If I order an item today, and I get it 17 days from now, the 30-day return clock starts ticking on the day that I get my item in to my hot little hands, not on the day that I ordered it.

@Anonymous032819 

You are correct.  I incorrectly assumed that everyone knew that and my wording isn't exactly to that affect.

However, whatever I order today and tomorrow I have 90 days to return after I get the order.  As opposed to whatever I order starting Monday and beyond, at which point I will only have 30 days to return my order--after I receive it.

Happy now?

You're still confused.

If you receive an order today or tomorrow, meaning, it is physically in your hands, in your possession, then you have 90 days to return it.

But, if you just place an order for something today or tomorrow, then you will receive it in about two weeks.

And the return policy has always been that it starts the day that you get the item in to your hands.

Because there is no way that you will get an item in to your physical possession tomorrow, if you order it today.

So, if you already have the item now, you have until tomorrow to return it.

Anything ordered today or tomorrow won't get to you in time, and will be under the 30-day return policy.

Clear?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819

Your last sentence isn't right. If you order an item today or tomorrow the 90 day return policy is in effect even if you receive it next week. Those are the terms under which you are purchasing the item on May 30 or 31st -- 90 days to return.
Honored Contributor

I figure the quicker you're return something the sooner you get your money back. 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Mary Beth announcing this on-air isn't good enough. I don't get TV so I would never see this. Neither would anyone who's not watching at that moment.

Here's what the website says:

"QVC® Extended Return Policy

We know right now, as we navigate the ongoing COVID-19 situation together, it's all about making things just a little bit easier—in every way. As your wellbeing remains our top priority, we're doing whatever we can to continue to be there for you. That's why we’re extending our current 30-day return policy to 90 days. It’s just one less thing you need to worry about.

"Any purchase made from February 1 at 11:59am ET can be returned for any reason for a refund of the purchase price, minus the S&H and Q Return Label fee, or exchanged for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. Food (including Nutrisystem), personalized items, and gift cards are excluded. Other restrictions may apply. QVC’s 90-Day Extended Return Policy does not apply to Blowout Clearance Price items. QVC will only accept returns or exchanges for product defects or QVC errors. Call Customer Service at 888-345-5788 for such returns."

That's all I can find on QVC.com in their CS pages. Nothing about the end date. They need to publish the change in policy. Of course, they can't terminate the window for accepting returns as one poster describes, as if you have only today and tomorrow to return the item. But they need to get this clear and online.

Mary Beth didn't say anything about when they're going to restore CS staffing levels, did she? Cat Wink

Valued Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Oh no....I better get wrapping up some of the craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap I've gotten.  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@sunshine45 

Yes, I realize that.

No.

@Anonymous032819 

Happy now?

You're still confused.

If you receive an order today or tomorrow, meaning, it is physically in your hands, in your possession, then you have 90 days to return it.

But, if you just place an order for something today or tomorrow, then you will receive it in about two weeks.

And the return policy has always been that it starts the day that you get the item in to your hands.

Because there is no way that you will get an item in to your physical possession tomorrow, if you order it today.

So, if you already have the item now, you have until tomorrow to return it.

Anything ordered today or tomorrow won't get to you in time, and will be under the 30-day return policy.

Clear?

@Anonymous032819 

No, I'm afraid you are incorrect.  Please read @Pearlee's post above.

I'm done with trying to explain this.  All I wanted to do was to give people a head's up that the return policy is changing. 

You are free to interpret it anyway you choose.  I give up.

Honored Contributor

I think when they do change back to the previous 30-day return policy, EVERY host will be stressing it. Smiley Happy