Trusted Contributor

Re: Extended Return Policy is Ending...

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I haven't seen any other threads about this.

Mary Beth is on-air saying that tomorrow (May 31) is the last day for the 90-day return policy.

Starting Monday, June 1, the return policy goes back to 30 days.

Oh no....I better get wrapping up some of the craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap I've gotten.  

-------

I don't understand? 

If you keep getting ******, why in the world, would you keep ordering?

Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Mary Beth is on-air saying that tomorrow (May 31) is the last day for the 90-day return policy.

Oh no....I better get wrapping up some of the craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap I've gotten.  

@germanshepherdlove 

You still have 90 days from the date you received your orders to return what you already have.

Anything you order beginning Monday (June 1) will only have a 30 day return window.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Mary Beth announcing this on-air isn't good enough. I don't get TV so I would never see this. Neither would anyone who's not watching at that moment.

Here's what the website says:

"QVC® Extended Return Policy

We know right now, as we navigate the ongoing COVID-19 situation together, it's all about making things just a little bit easier—in every way. As your wellbeing remains our top priority, we're doing whatever we can to continue to be there for you. That's why we’re extending our current 30-day return policy to 90 days. It’s just one less thing you need to worry about.

"Any purchase made from February 1 at 11:59am ET can be returned for any reason for a refund of the purchase price, minus the S&H and Q Return Label fee, or exchanged for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. Food (including Nutrisystem), personalized items, and gift cards are excluded. Other restrictions may apply. QVC’s 90-Day Extended Return Policy does not apply to Blowout Clearance Price items. QVC will only accept returns or exchanges for product defects or QVC errors. Call Customer Service at 888-345-5788 for such returns."

That's all I can find on QVC.com in their CS pages. Nothing about the end date. They need to publish the change in policy. Of course, they can't terminate the window for accepting returns as one poster describes, as if you have only today and tomorrow to return the item. But they need to get this clear and online.

Mary Beth didn't say anything about when they're going to restore CS staffing levels, did she? Cat Wink

@noodleann 

I agree that it should be in writing.  Prominently.  And with a longer window than just two days notice.

All I know is that was the first I heard about it and I didn't post until I heard her repeat it a couple of times.  Whether or not she's correct, that I don't know.  

As for restoring the customer service staff, uh, no mention of that.😉  As bad as it's been lately though, I'm not sure it really even matters.☹️

Honored Contributor

Do they think the pandemic is suddenly over, and everyone will now feel safe waiting in line at the post office to make a return?! This will make people more hesitant to order, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2If folks use the pre-printed QVC label they get with the item or print the return label online, they can either give it to their mail carrier or drop it in a mailbox without having to wait in line at the post office.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@handygal2If folks use the pre-printed QVC label they get with the item or print the return label online, they can either give it to their mail carrier or drop it in a mailbox without having to wait in line at the post office.

@Linmo : Good point. But l like to get a receipt whenever l return something to the Q, and I think the only way to do that is to wait in line at the p.o..  Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Then they shot themselves in the foot. I take it then that orders won't take 3 to 4 weeks to be delivered? Otherwise, they might as well say Final Sale on everything...

@geezerette 

that is not how it works. you have 30 days from the date you received the item to make a return. a very reasonable policy.

@sunshine45 

Yes, I realize that.

If you order anything today or tomorrow, you will have 90 days to return it.

Whatever you order starting Monday, you will only have 30 days to return it.

No.

If I order an item today, and I get it 17 days from now, the 30-day return clock starts ticking on the day that I get my item in to my hot little hands, not on the day that I ordered it.

@Anonymous032819 

You are correct.  I incorrectly assumed that everyone knew that and my wording isn't exactly to that affect.

However, whatever I order today and tomorrow I have 90 days to return after I get the order.  As opposed to whatever I order starting Monday and beyond, at which point I will only have 30 days to return my order--after I receive it.

Happy now?

You're still confused.

If you receive an order today or tomorrow, meaning, it is physically in your hands, in your possession, then you have 90 days to return it.

But, if you just place an order for something today or tomorrow, then you will receive it in about two weeks.

And the return policy has always been that it starts the day that you get the item in to your hands.

Because there is no way that you will get an item in to your physical possession tomorrow, if you order it today.

So, if you already have the item now, you have until tomorrow to return it.

Anything ordered today or tomorrow won't get to you in time, and will be under the 30-day return policy.

Clear?

Oh yes, clear as mud. I will look to someone else for accurate information.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I did that 2 weeks ago & returned four items for an exchange. On May 29th I have messages on my returns to contact CS. I am now in a mess. The items were available when I returned them! One was a defective item that I thought I would have altered & when I found out how costly that would be I returned it as defective. Apparently the people that do returns don't understand th 90 day policy. I had other things going on & I thought well I have 90 days so no problem. Wrong! This virus, my Dad's heart attack & just trying to find food for all of us seemed more important. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear this. 

I think it would be great if they extended their return policy permanently, to at least 60 days. Many places have more than 30. 

At any rate, wait for a purchase until around the end of September if you can, as that is usually when their 'extended holiday return' policy goes into effect and you have till the end of January. A great time to try something and see if it will last.

Respected Contributor

It's May 31. If they're discontinuing the policy, why is the "90-Day Extended Returns & Free Exchanges" banner still running on their home page? Why haven't they updated the text of their extended return policy, including an end date if one exists, if they're discontinuing it?

I'm thinking that salespeople should stick to sales, and that Mary Beth was either misinformed or jumped the gun. Or else QVC or Mary Beth is floating a fake end date as an incentive to drive up sales before the 90-day return period ends. Tacky and unethical, but hey, why not try it?

QVC needs to send all of its customers an email when the end is properly announced, as well as post the end of the special period prominently on its home page and CS pages.

BTW, HSN still has its banner and the same info on its CS page. No change.