Trusted Contributor

Re: Exploding Airbags Recall

Allegheny - thank you so much for the information, I appreciate the feedback.  I will do just that.

Respected Contributor

@3suwm5

Just got back from a family gathering today and my SIL shared some info about the airbag recall and her 2009 Acura.

She was notified that there was a recall for her car.  They called the dealer to make an appointment, but weren't given one because parts weren't available.  However...they inquired about getting a rental car and they were issued one.

They had the rental for about a month before her vehicle was repaired.  I don't know how true this is but she said she was told by someone at the dealership that the people issued rentals get their cars repaired quicker.  When they returned the rental she said they saw the cost billed to Honda/Acura and it was $2500.

In additon to calling Honda Corporate in California, I'd call your dealer and tell them you are uncomfortable driving your car and inquire about them issuing you a rental until they can repair your car.

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

e.PNG

The Toyota Prius was recalled as well.  Think I heard this about three or four days ago.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Allegheny - thank you for this information.  I will be pursuing that as soon as possible.  I thought also that if you request a rental, they will indeed get on the airbag issue, because of the cost to Honda.

I really appreciate all your help with this issue.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

e.PNG

The Toyota Prius was recalled as well.  Think I heard this about three or four days ago.

Thank you @YorkieonmyPillow for this post.  When I went to that website there were a lot more Accords on the list than just the 2001-2002.  My father's is a 2003, which is on the list.  He hasn't gotten a notice from Honda.  I'm going to have to call and check on that for him.  He doesn't drive anymore but isn't ready to give up his car.  I drive it sometimes to make sure it still runs!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau