Respected Contributor

Re: Expired Food at your Grocery Store

Also, I remember a feature on 20/20 about grocery stores that repackage ground meat after adding dye--and changing the expiration date, of course.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 Moonlady said:

Also, I remember a feature on 20/20 about grocery stores that repackage ground meat after adding dye--and changing the expiration date, of course.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Yep...wasn't it Lion stores? I can not recall but gross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 5/16/2014 croemer said:
On 5/16/2014 Moonlady said:

Also, I remember a feature on <em>20/20</em> about grocery stores that repackage ground meat after adding dye--and changing the expiration date, of course.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Yep...wasn't it Lion stores? I can not recall but gross.

Yes, I think it was Food Lion. However, once it becomes the "industry standard"....{#emotions_dlg.scared}

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 occasional rain said:
On 5/15/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

There may not be a law for all food by the FDA but it does for infant formula. Also, if there is food that could be dangerous to eat, the FDA will take action against that store.

A lot of people don't know that after you open lunchmeat, that it is only good for 7 days not the expiration date.

This is not about food but at the Dollar General stores, they throw away all the clothes hangers. I think this is such a waste. I go in to get the pants hangers. Perfect for pants or shorts that I don't want to put in the dryer.

Did they tell you why they throw them out? I think that's wasteful too.

The manager told me that all their clothes come in on hangers and they don't have the need for the other ones.