Esteemed Contributor

Re: Everything has changed, even Avon

My money my rules.If a rep can’t be bothered then neither can I.I’ll take my business somewhere else!!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQwrote:

My money my rules.If a rep can’t be bothered then neither can I.I’ll take my business somewhere else!!

@NicksmomESQ

ITA ....   and not only are there countless sources for purchasing cosmetics, but stepping into a department store gives you the choices and comparisons of many brands .... something Avon can't give you with a visit.

I also think Avon is viewed by many as a substandard makeup line.   Not the only game in town anymore.

Respected Contributor

It is probably a waste of time and gas for people to sell Avon anymore unless they do have a good customer base where they work.   Don't they have to pay for all those samples and brochures?

Honored Contributor

I had not thought of Avon in 20 years ,or longer took a look today ,they sell clothes .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I never considered Avon for makeup or skincare.  Did they have a superior line?  

Honored Contributor

My guess is that the best way to sell Avon is if you have a large customer base or can get women to have those home parties where several are in attendance. 

Remember Tupperware parties?  Do they have those any more?

Avon is actually cracking down on reps who either sell on ebay and other selling sites, or sell large amounts of items to resellers to do it. They are taking great strides to make the market better for Avon reps.

People can order through the main Avon website, through a reps eStore, or with the rep themselves face to face...which is the best way I think. Smiley Happy

Avon has also made great strides in having all the reps be on the same selling cycle. For a long time there were large segments of reps who were forced to sell 2 brochures ahead of everyone else and this created strife for them (try selling Christmas before Thanksgiving) or other reps being upset at them because they would deplete stock of the best items of the seasons before it got to them. And now every rep will be on the same selling cycle instead of staggard times across the whole country.

New Avon has made great strides to provide more training, knowledge, resources and even better products, such as fashionable clothing and of course skincare and make-up that hopefully it will be better for everyone. For the reps and for the customers.

They do have several levels of skincare lines. A very basic line and then more advanced lines for each age group based on needs.

Avon reps have to buy the brochures, their own samples, have to pay for shipping, bags, any literature. It can be a small investment or a large one depending on the reps budget.

Reps have very tight advertising constraints, but they are really focusing on reps selling online, though face to face is where the best customer relationships are made.

With all that being said... yes I sell Avon. LOL

It is very upsetting when a representative is given a chance to service a customer and drops the ball!

But overall, never lets a sales rep of any company stand in the way of a great product that you love.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I buy all my Avon on ebay. Most ebay sellers are Avon reps.

@Shelbelle  That sounds like the way to go!