Contributor

Everyone of my posts is being removed !

I have posted a few things regarding issues with app. Keeps getting pulled something about spam ! Seriously ????

Honored Contributor

Re: Everyone of my posts is being removed !

Go to Customer Care where the mods can help you.

Honored Contributor

@BAGGIRL 

Just curious .... have you read the QVC Standards for message board posting?  

Honored Contributor

@BAGGIRL wrote:

I have posted a few things regarding issues with app. Keeps getting pulled something about spam ! Seriously ????

@BAGGIRL 

Are you speaking of the HTTM message in RED at the bottom of your message, just after you hit post?  It says ‘remove and try again’?

I get it often, just hit the POST button again, and it might go away.  That works for me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

Thank You ! They took care of it immediately ! It had nothing to do with my post...just a glitch somewhere.

Trusted Contributor

I often wonder if it was just a glitch. 

Over in Customer Care I was agreeing with the poster above me. I had hearted her post and added my thoughts in agreement. Nothing unpleasant was said. But yet my post was gone, with no explanation. So what “rule” was broken—I don’t get to know. 

Honored Contributor

@BAGGIRL wrote:

Thank You ! They took care of it immediately ! It had nothing to do with my post...just a glitch somewhere.

@BAGGIRL

From reports I've seen by other posters, if someone submits several posts or threads in fairly rapid succession the website software "sees" them as possible spamming or flooding and reacts with a message of some kind.

I'm so slow I probably won't ever encounter it!

I saw that your replies did eventually appear in the Electronics sub-forum, so all is well.

Welcome to the forums!  Good to have you join us!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddie wrote:

I often wonder if it was just a glitch. 

Over in Customer Care I was agreeing with the poster above me. I had hearted her post and added my thoughts in agreement. Nothing unpleasant was said. But yet my post was gone, with no explanation. So what “rule” was broken—I don’t get to know. 

@Teddie,

Each time we click on the "reply" button on a post, that action creates a link to that particular post.   

Then, if others click the "reply" on our post (which contained a link to an earlier post), they have linked their comment not only to our post but also to the post we replied to, and now a chain is forming.   

The link is created whether we use the "quote" feature or not, by the way.

Clicking "reply" creates the link, and all replies on a thread have a link to the OP's original post.

Then, if an earlier post to which we were invisibly linked is removed by the moderator, every post linked to it will be deleted, too. 

I've noticed some of the moderators leave a notice of removal with reasons, other times not...  so, perhaps a post much earlier in the thread was part of a chain of links and when it was taken away all of the others, including yours, went with it.

Just a thought.   It's frustrating, isn't it?   

I think the best way to find out, if we really want to know, is to privately send an inquiry to the QVC Social Team.   They're busy but they're helpful and if they can they will try to let us know what transpired.

I decided a long time ago to consider posts here as ephemeral, temporary, sent out there into cyberspace to await their fate...  😉...

and I copy anything I think I might want to keep.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo  You are a sweetheart to give me that detailed explanation. 

I was following that thread and no others were deleted. I don’t think I hit Reply to the post I was agreeing with. It’s the thread about the damaged desk. The original poster even submitted pictures of how bad it was. I agreed with a poster that if it had been me, I would have wanted full price back but she got less than half. But if the OP is happy with that then that is her business.

I think it’s just unfortunate how often this happens and it’s so inconsistent. It really discourages me from posting and I know others feel the same. 

Thank you again, my dear, for the time you put into replying to me. ♥️