Respected Contributor

Re: Even a bandana is better than nothing

@violann wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
”The primary reason for wearing a face mask is to prevent personal droplets from spreading to others.

Researchers at Florida Atlantic University, in a study published in the journal Physics of Fluids on Tuesday, found that bandanas reduced the average distance that coughs traveled from 8 feet to 3.6 feet. A folded handkerchief took that distance down to 1.25 feet. Commercial cone masks reduced the distance to 8 inches, and a two-layer, stitched mask to 2.5 inches.”
-CNN

I'm so disgusted by all the people who refuse to wear masks that it's their right not to. How selfish can you be?

Someone in Florida has brought suit because mandated use of masks is a violation of their civil rights. 

Gee, suppose I thought wearing clothes violated my civil rights?

Honored Contributor

I am wearing cloth masks and wash them after every use....my face was breaking out so washing them often has ended that.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think people refusing to wear a mask to make a political statement are nuts. Wearing a mask is an IQ test. Wear the dang mask and protect yourself and others. No, you are not immune, no matter what your age. A children’s hospital here has 146 little kids with COVID and one of them in ICU.