Honored Contributor

Re: Eva Longoria getting tattoos removed

I can't help but wonder if the ladies give any thought to tatts beyond the present. Will they think they are beautiful when their skin starts to crepe and sag? Will they enhance their beauty then??

Valued Contributor

Another vote for no tats {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}. They are trashy. People who have them think the rest of us need or want to hear the story behind them. We don't. I had a grandmother in front of me the other day ( had to be every bit of 70 something) and she had tats on her arms, back of her legs. She started telling me the "story" behind the skull on her arm. Thank goodness my cell phone rang! She grossed me out.

Honored Contributor

I have seen some pretty tats.. there was a lady at Disney that had hose lines done down the back of both lower legs with a pink bow at the ankle.. the had to have hurt so bad. I don't mind tats but all those on faces and neck plus those metal gears on a face, I don't care for but if it makes them happy.
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 physicsnut said:

Another vote for no tats {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}. They are trashy. People who have them think the rest of us need or want to hear the story behind them. We don't. I had a grandmother in front of me the other day ( had to be every bit of 70 something) and she had tats on her arms, back of her legs. She started telling me the "story" behind the skull on her arm. Thank goodness my cell phone rang! She grossed me out.

Oh yes, thank goodness, or you might have been marred for life. Believe me, there are much worse people in the world than those who dare to expose your delicate judgmental eyes to a tatt or two. Good thing you have no control over tattoo artists or their clients. Boo hoo.

Respected Contributor

I've seen that some woman are getting tattoos on their chest to cover mastectomy scars. Some of them are quite beautiful.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

This post was nothing about whether anyone liked tats or not.

I see it as a control issue by the new boyfriend and since this is a newer relationship she goes along with it but then more and more "dislikes" by the boyfriend are probably forthcoming and after making more changes to herself that she would never have liked or done before, eventually she has lost who she is and then starts doubting everything about herself!! If anyone in a newer relationship starts being critical then that person really doesn't care for the other as if you care for someone you don't want them to change to suit you - you would just move on to someone who is what you want.

Respected Contributor

On 10/2/2014 RainCityGirl said:

Oh yes, thank goodness, or you might have been marred for life. Believe me, there are much worse people in the world than those who dare to expose your delicate judgmental eyes to a tatt or two. Good thing you have no control over tattoo artists or their clients. Boo hoo.

RainCity Girl {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

It looks like this thread is going down the predictable route of tattoos-love them or hate them. Is it time to talk about crockpots? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~Enough is enough~
Super Contributor

On 10/3/2014 mstyrion 1 said:
On 10/2/2014 RainCityGirl said:

RainCity Girl {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

It looks like this thread is going down the predictable route of tattoos-love them or hate them. Is it time to talk about crockpots? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Are crock ports considered trashy? Because if they are, you know there will be crock pot user stereotypes bashed all over the place.

Honored Contributor

I'd prefer the beautiful body art type of temporary tattoos, in color. Or the inexpensive temporary transfer type that last a week or so.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Why anybody would even be concerned with what Eva L does with her body/tats/men is beyond me. lol...

As for tattoos..they seem great in the heat of the moment..but twenty years later - many partners later.

having a small discrete tattoo is one thing..body full of them all over I find totally classless and regardless of the persons true nature just comes across as low class to me..but this people are entitled to do what they wish to their bodies ..