Honored Contributor

Re: Eva Longoria getting tattoos removed

I didn't even know she had any.

Honored Contributor

I can maybe see removing tats of ex removed but to have a man who probably won't last as long as it takes for her to have them removed and she more than likely is just saying she's no longer into the tats because she's in a fairly new relationship right now. If he cared enough for her he wouldn't encourage her to do what he wants and wouldn't want to change her in any way. Wanting to change things (that don't really affect the person you supposedly care for) about the person you are dating is probably the best indicator that the relationship won't last! I'm sure it won't be the only changes he will want either. It doesn't change who she is but in the end it might just mess with her self esteem if he keeps wanting more changes to turn her into his idea of what he wants - and he probably will.

Honored Contributor

She is beautiful.

Tattoos are ugly, I have seen young women with just ugly tattoos on them,

Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 NoelSeven said: If she likes them, she should keep them. Not a good idea to let a love interest tell you what to do.

ITA! i bet she has had them longer than she will be with him!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/1/2014 hyacinth003 said:

Her current boyfriend doesn't like them.

He feels she would look more sophisticated without them.

She has already had ones related to her ex-husband removed.

Hyacinth

Is this really important?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

She needs to just stop writting on herself.

I have to google this new guy he sounds bossy as h*ll.

More trouble!

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Love Roses said:
On 10/1/2014 hyacinth003 said:

Her current boyfriend doesn't like them.

He feels she would look more sophisticated without them.

She has already had ones related to her ex-husband removed.

Hyacinth

Is this really important?

Maybe not, but it's interesting. Actually, yes, I do think it's important. Look beyond the tattoos and consider the issue of control. That should be a concern.

She may or may not look more sophisticated without them, but why not just accept her as she is? I worry that he may find other things to change in time. I don't think that ever ends well for the woman.

Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Sushismom said:

What may be disfiguring or ugly to some is beautiful to others. That's the great thing about having personal choice.

Thank you. I get really fed up with people who label others as "disfigured," "cheap," "skanky," "classless," etc. because of tatts. I am none of these, and I have a tatt. My feeling is, if tatts disgust a person, then don't get one, but don't make pronouncements about others one doesn't even know. Sushi, as your response implies, people need to stop assigning judgments on those who enjoy tatts and mind their own business. It has nothing to do with them or their critical opinions.

Honored Contributor

I am not fan of any tattoo including hearts, flowers and "Mom" but some folks do like them. I just cannot imagine loving something so much today that I would want to put a needle to my skin and still be happy with it 10 years from now. Or even one year from now.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Tattoos enhances one's beauty.