Respected Contributor

Re: Eva Longoria getting tattoos removed

I have one friend with quite a few tribal tattoos. He recently was selected to play Taps at the dedication of one of our local Vietnam Veterans memorials. He attended the event in suit and tie. So I know not to look at a person and deem them low class or anything else. As Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, I'll judge a person on the content of their character.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/4/2014 RainCityGirl said:
On 10/3/2014 mstyrion 1 said:
On 10/2/2014 RainCityGirl said:
On 10/2/2014 physicsnut said:

Another vote for no tats {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}. They are trashy. People who have them think the rest of us need or want to hear the story behind them. We don't. I had a grandmother in front of me the other day ( had to be every bit of 70 something) and she had tats on her arms, back of her legs. She started telling me the "story" behind the skull on her arm. Thank goodness my cell phone rang! She grossed me out.

Oh yes, thank goodness, or you might have been marred for life. Believe me, there are much worse people in the world than those who dare to expose your delicate judgmental eyes to a tatt or two. Good thing you have no control over tattoo artists or their clients. Boo hoo.

RainCity Girl {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

It looks like this thread is going down the predictable route of tattoos-love them or hate them. Is it time to talk about crockpots? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Are crock ports considered trashy? Because if they are, you know there will be crock pot user stereotypes bashed all over the place.

RCG No I don't think crock pots are trashy, but throwing in cream of mushroom soup and filet mignon is VERY trashy!! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

I saw on TMZ that Nick Canon had a huge "Mariah" tattoo on his back, he had it tattooed over and made into an equally huge cross with wings that covers his whole back. They were laughing because If he hooks up with someone of a different religion, he might have to change it again!
Respected Contributor

On 10/4/2014 sunala said:

Another vote for no tats {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}. They are trashy. People who have them think the rest of us need or want to hear the story behind them. We don't. I had a grandmother in front of me the other day ( had to be every bit of 70 something) and she had tats on her arms, back of her legs. She started telling me the "story" behind the skull on her arm. Thank goodness my cell phone rang! She grossed me out.

Oh yes, thank goodness, or you might have been marred for life. Believe me, there are much worse people in the world than those who dare to expose your delicate judgmental eyes to a tatt or two. Good thing you have no control over tattoo artists or their clients. Boo hoo.

It looks like this thread is going down the predictable route of tattoos-love them or hate them. Is it time to talk about crockpots? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Are crock ports considered trashy? Because if they are, you know there will be crock pot user stereotypes bashed all over the place.

RCG No I don't think crock pots are trashy, but throwing in cream of mushroom soup and filet mignon is VERY trashy!! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Oh, no! I must be trash of the lowest sort. I love using cream of mushroom soup as a sauce base. And I have a tattoo on the inside of my right wrist.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't get rid of them because someone told me they don't like them. That's controlling.

That being said I never got any tats. While I admire the art of them I just kept thinking what will I look like walking around with tats as an elderly person?..lol..

I think of this all the time when I see young people with them all over their bodies. (Im not talking about little ones or hidden ones).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

To each his own, said the lady who kissed the cow (a favorite saying of my grandmother.) On the same note, I have dined at a high end Mexican Restaurant that used to be in Edmonds, Washington. Their specials included filet mignon chili con carne and filet mignon tamales. Believe me, there was a difference with that tender wonderful meat in a common Mexican dish. To quote Mae West in reverse, "Goodness had EVERYTHING to do with it."

Super Contributor

On 10/4/2014 Sushismom said:

Oh, no! I must be trash of the lowest sort. I love using cream of mushroom soup as a sauce base. And I have a tattoo on the inside of my right wrist.

I don't buy filet mignon...too expensive. However, I'm with you when it comes to mushroom or other soups as sauce base. Oh, and yes, my tattoo also distinguishes me. Long live the ability to choose what we like.

Valued Contributor

Isn't she someone who is big on not letting anyone call the shots or have control over her body?

sure doesn't sound like it if she's letting him make that call....

Super Contributor

This is news?? Does anyone really care??

Valued Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Sushismom said:

What may be disfiguring or ugly to some is beautiful to others. That's the great thing about having personal choice.

Thank you. I get really fed up with people who label others as "disfigured," "cheap," "skanky," "classless," etc. because of tatts. I am none of these, and I have a tatt. My feeling is, if tatts disgust a person, then don't get one, but don't make pronouncements about others one doesn't even know. Sushi, as your response implies, people need to stop assigning judgments on those who enjoy tatts and mind their own business. It has nothing to do with them or their critical opinions.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ