Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I will be sorry as soon as I hit post, but this just grinds my gears. Why the reply, “ change the channel ?” It is not clever or original and is just as annoying if not more than the original complaint. People complain, they get it off their chests, and we move on. Do any of you think the poster doesn’t know she  can change the channel ?  Apparently, the desire to repeat the same old snarky remark is just too strong to resist. I’ll bet the Q would rather we not change the channel, don’t you think? There l feel better, and just so you know, 

I really don’t care if you don’t agree.

@QVCkitty1 I agree with you.  The reason that people complain is because they care -- they WANT to watch and shop QVC, but find things that are annoying.  If these things are pointed out enough, maybe they will change.  I do think some of our comments make it to TPTB.  Remember when Pat was saying, "as well" at the end of every other sentance?  Then she just stopped.  People were complaining (or really making fun of it) on these boards.  So maybe that was passed along to someone.  Or maybe her producer or boss pointed it out on their own.  Either way, I think it is good to speak up.  This blow out sale this weekend is another example.  We have complained that the "clearance" on QVC is a joke - just a few dollars off.  But the blowout sale was decent (although I could not find anything I wanted, LOL).  Complaints should be used by QVC as a chance to improve.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I will be sorry as soon as I hit post, but this just grinds my gears. Why the reply, “ change the channel ?” It is not clever or original and is just as annoying if not more than the original complaint. People complain, they get it off their chests, and we move on. Do any of you think the poster doesn’t know she  can change the channel ?  Apparently, the desire to repeat the same old snarky remark is just too strong to resist. I’ll bet the Q would rather we not change the channel, don’t you think? There l feel better, and just so you know, 

I really don’t care if you don’t agree.

Image result for Agree Smiley Gifs @QVCkitty1 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I fail to understand why some keep watching and feel the need to keep posting the same old complaints over and over and over about such trivial things!  The obvious is why keep watching.  I just don't get the point of such posts and that bothers me about that and I think Enough!!  Those that keep saying change the channel  are just fed up with those same old posts!!  If the stupid trivial posts were not posted then there would be no "snarky" replies to change the channel!  No right or wrong here - just posts that have no point to them!

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@QVCkitty1 In the far past there was a time or two that I admit to saying that. When I realized how snotty it was, I stopped

@Love my grandkids 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I'd feel *snotty* complaining/whining/flatoutbeeching about a host.

Honored Contributor

I agree that "change the channel" is rude and unnecessary.  We all know we can do it and know how to do it.  Many of us post our feelings/complaints as we remember a "different and better" QVC with all the hosts acting professional, etc.  We miss that.  Many of us like to tune in to see what is "new"; many of us like to have the sound of the TV because maybe we don't see or speak to someone every day; we all like to find a bargain, etc.    Also, I think we hope some of our comments, praise or complaints will reach someone who may think some changes may be needed.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

I agree....there is no need for posters to give that  snarky 'advice'!  Obviously viewers know that the channel can be changed. 

When I do write a concern/complaint, it is because I do hope that someone at QVC will read it and just maybe...take a look at what my comment was about....

I also call CS when I observe something off or weird -like showing candle light with the studio light brightness fully engaged.  Or presenting a purse and not showing the inside of the purse!!

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I fail to understand why some keep watching and feel the need to keep posting the same old complaints over and over and over about such trivial things!  The obvious is why keep watching.  I just don't get the point of such posts and that bothers me and about that and I think Enough!!  Those that keep saying change the channel  are just fed up with those same old posts!!  If the stupid trivial posts were not posted then there would be no "snarky" replies to change the channel!  No right or wrong here - just posts that have no point to them!

all i know is is that life is too short to waste my time watching something i am NOT enjoying.......and now we have more choices than EVER in our entertainment.....cable tv, streaming services, free services, dish services ..... even qvc now has THREE channels to choose from.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Agree "change the channel" is annoying. Why didn't that poster just scroll past rather than post a snarky comment?

That individual has a right to his/her opinion in voicing a complaint or suggestion, which hopefully will be passed along to QVC for future changes (for the better). 

By the same token, we all must remember to offer positive comments both on this Board and in emails to QVC. I often write an email to QVC with a complimentary comment regarding a recent change or an exceptional show (whether it be the product, guest or host). It's worth the time and trouble since I'm not a regular viewer and usually only watch the videos of interest to me. Thus, I do not know what is going on with QVC's daily programming. They are making strides to improve their image and need to know what their viewers like!

ETA: If something is really offensive or out-of-line, I will email QVC with my concern or suggestion. QVC is usually prompt with a reply and willing to pass it on to the appropriate department/people involved. I no longer receive the "canned reply." 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Actually, it appears there are some posters who don't know they can change the channel. They complain about ALLLLL the times they've been subjected to presentations of the TSV or other items over and over again.  

Some posters live to complain.  QVC cannot do anything right.  By just looking at many of the thread titles that are complaints, I already know who started them because it's the same couple again and again.

I've never responded with "change the channel" but I cannot figure out why they continue to watch and get so annoyed.  Move on.  Life is too short. 

Honored Contributor

I don't find the response "change the channel" any more annoying than someone whining about seeing a presentation on QVC too many times in a day.

Is there anyone here with such a halo that they never say anything that can't be viewed as snarky or snotty?

I doubt it.