Honored Contributor

Re: Email from QVC about our nic name on here!

@EastCoastGal wrote:

I have a new phone. A few days ago l received an email from QVC that mentioned my nic name on here. I never got the chance to read it because l deleted it by mistake! Looked in deleted emails but it wasn't there! 

Did anyone here receive this email? 

@EastCoastGal 

Can't you retrieve emails that have been deleted? 

On mine, there are Old emails, Recently deleted emails, and I can search my emails for anything from QVC and they show up in order of date received, regardless of whether i've deleted them or not.   

Respected Contributor

Nothing received here.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@EastCoastGal wrote:

I have a new phone. A few days ago l received an email from QVC that mentioned my nic name on here. I never got the chance to read it because l deleted it by mistake! Looked in deleted emails but it wasn't there! 

Did anyone here receive this email? 

@EastCoastGal 

Can't you retrieve emails that have been deleted? 

On mine, there are Old emails, Recently deleted emails, and I can search my emails for anything from QVC and they show up in order of date received, regardless of whether i've deleted them or not.   

@Tinkrbl44 ... l just looked in my recently deleted and it was there. (Category doesn't say Recently deleted though) Email has to do with someone attempting to go into my account in the Community Forums and said my nic... that if it wasn't me to let them know. 

So all is fine! Thanks Tinkrbl44 !!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linda0215 wrote:

If you got a new phone recently it was probably an email just confirming that this was actually you. Whenever a website that you have a history with detects a new device, they many times send an email confirmation that it was actually you.  I wouldn't fret about it. 

@Linda0215 ... You are absolutely right !!!! I found the email in my recently deleted emails (called something else) l never received anything before with my nic name so l was concerned...but all is okay!! Another poster said to look in my recently deleted emails and there it was! 

Thank you so much! You won the prize! You get free shipping at the Q until midnight tonight!!! How about that?!?! 🙃😊 😂

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

My guess it was not from QVC.  Our nics are out there due to this board, and somehow they got lucky with the email.

QVC uses my real name, "Hello Ruth...", from my account.

ETA:  Since our nics are out there, don't incorporate them into any user name or password.  Ditto for old addresses.

@Still Raining ... Everything is fine. It was from QVC wanting to know if it was me who signed into the Community Forums and they mentioned my nic. Since I did sign in l don't need to contact the Q. 

Also, good point not to use my nic or old addresses for any passwords! I haven't but thanks for mentioning it! 😊

Trusted Contributor

@They Call Me MR Wilkes wrote:

It's very naive to think "only" one business entity has an email address.

It's everywhere on the internet.  And probably even the dark interweb.

I receive numerous emails from QVC but none has ever referenced or noted my "name" on the forums.  This seems suspicious (to me.) 

@They Call Me MR Wilkes ... I meant to say that only the Q knows my email associated with my nic name on this forum. 

No. I don't think I'm naive. I'm sure lots of people and businesses know my email. 

Turns out the email was legit. They said someone signed into here and wanted to know if it was me. If not to let them know.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you everyone! 😊

I found the email in recently deleted emails ...although it isn't called that on new phone. A poster said to look under that and she was right! 

The email said someone signed into my account on the Community Forum, mentioning my nic name, and if it wasn't me to let them know. So everything is fine! It was legit! 😊

Trusted Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

I had a really strange thing to happen yesterday also but not from QVC. I went to my Amazon account to check to make sure my subscribe and save cat food order was going to be on time and there was a message that said,"There is nothing in your cart, Zip, Nada!"Woman SurprisedWoman SurprisedWoman Surprised.

@tiny 2 ... Hope you get that straightened out with Amazon! Your kitty needs food !! 

Trusted Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

If you got a new phone recently it was probably an email just confirming that this was actually you. Whenever a website that you have a history with detects a new device, they many times send an email confirmation that it was actually you.  I wouldn't fret about it. 

@Linda0215 ... You are absolutely right !!!! I found the email in my recently deleted emails (called something else) l never received anything before with my nic name so l was concerned...but all is okay!! Another poster said to look in my recently deleted emails and there it was! 

Thank you so much! You won the prize! You get free shipping at the Q until midnight tonight!!! How about that?!?! 🙃😊 😂

@EastCoastGal @LOL!  Glad I can help and love the free shipping!  😁

Respected Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

I had a really strange thing to happen yesterday also but not from QVC. I went to my Amazon account to check to make sure my subscribe and save cat food order was going to be on time and there was a message that said,"There is nothing in your cart, Zip, Nada!"Woman SurprisedWoman SurprisedWoman Surprised.

@tiny 2 ... Hope you get that straightened out with Amazon! Your kitty needs food !! 

@EastCoastGal 

Yes, The food came. I was just surprised that Amazon used the terms" Zip and Nada" in their communication to me. I have been doing business with them since the days when they only sold books and they always have used much more professional language.