Honored Contributor

Re: Email from QVC about our nic name on here!

@EastCoastGal  I doubt that emails was from QVC.   Hackers find separate pieces of our identity in various places and can figure out from puzzling them together how to scam the unwary.   I think your accidental deletion will turn out to be good.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My guess it was not from QVC.  Our nics are out there due to this board, and somehow they got lucky with the email.

QVC uses my real name, "Hello Ruth...", from my account.

ETA:  Since our nics are out there, don't incorporate them into any user name or password.  Ditto for old addresses.

Trusted Contributor

If you got a new phone recently it was probably an email just confirming that this was actually you. Whenever a website that you have a history with detects a new device, they many times send an email confirmation that it was actually you.  I wouldn't fret about it. 

Honored Contributor

@EastCoastGal 

I just checked...no email with my user name from the boards here is in my email!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

That does sound odd.  The way my emails are set up, a new one is given to any site requiring one and then forwarded to my real address.  So technically, QVC would be the ONLY entity with my email too.

Respected Contributor

I had a really strange thing to happen yesterday also but not from QVC. I went to my Amazon account to check to make sure my subscribe and save cat food order was going to be on time and there was a message that said,"There is nothing in your cart, Zip, Nada!"Woman SurprisedWoman SurprisedWoman Surprised.

Honored Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

I have a new phone. A few days ago l received an email from QVC that mentioned my nic name on here. I never got the chance to read it because l deleted it by mistake! Looked in deleted emails but it wasn't there! 

Did anyone here receive this email? 

@EastCoastGal  It really wouldn't matter if another poster received the same email because there is no way to know the content since you deleted it, which I agree was the thing to do.

I think the best thing to do is to contact customer service.

Even if another poster received such an email it could be something entirely different as far as the content or a scam. 

There is no way to tell if another person received the same email legitimately or not.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

No I've never received an email using my nickname. 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

def suspicious 

this board is public and anyone can see our nicknames

@jackthebear.  Very true but how would a casual reader get an email address to associate with a user name?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

nope and I wouldn't trust that one.