Respected Contributor

My thoughts are that had to have been staged.

Respected Contributor

what happened?

Honored Contributor

@lovescats.  It would be helpful to have a brief explanation of what you're talking about.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Certainly Kevin had been briefed on what type of questions would be asked or maybe even the exact questions.  The Academy Awards seems to have a big problem and time is running out.

Esteemed Contributor

She had Kevin Hart on, all that blow up about his old comments and him quitting the oscars was dredged up.

ED: You're so wonderful, we (society) need to have a conversation about this, blah, blah.

My take...the oscars people can't find someone to take his place and she's trying to broker peace to get him back.

I hope he stays out.  I like him and think he didn't deserve what happened.  It happens too much to too many (years-old comments made new by people of little/no accomplishment when someone better gets recognition).  Maybe this is the lesson "they" need to learn.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Most things on tv are planned, especially a show like Ellen.

Esteemed Contributor

A lot of people say things, then grow and don't have the same views. Some things are just said for shock value (especially comedians)

Trusted Contributor

Agree that it was staged.  If it is so important, why doesn't Ellen step in to host?  So very tired of "Hollywood".

Honored Contributor

For comedians these are the best of times, and the worst of times.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Kevin Hart is annoying. I won’t see anything he’s in because he’s so one-note. Very little range.