Esteemed Contributor

My heart is broken that Elijah is gone.  What a life so well lived, dedicated to his country and fellow Americans.  May he Rest In Peace.  

Valued Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

My heart is broken that Elijah is gone.  What a life so well lived, dedicated to his country and fellow Americans.  May he Rest In Peace.  

Couldn't have said it any better. He wanted all Americans to have a chance at the American Dream.

Honored Contributor

Re: Elijah Cummings

[ Edited ]

I so respect that man, a fighter for the under dog in life, i did not know he was ill, i think he marched with dr, king .A life well lived, our country will miss him.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I have been so sad and teary eyed all day with this news.  He was such a good man and went thru so much in his short life. I know he is 'dancing with the angels' now.   

Respected Contributor
Thank you do much for your post @never give up. We've lost a brave, yet gentle man.
Honored Contributor

Re: Elijah Cummings

[ Edited ]

I was ahocked as well.  I guess it was not reported he was in hospice.  He was a man.  I mean a real man, a man of honor, a man of God, a family man, a man with a moral compass and a gifted person to work for. His honor gave him respect from both sides of the aisle.  

He struggled to go to school,  he persisted.  He got into law school on his own merit!!  Graduated with honors.  He was a partner when he wanted to work for his community.  The money is not much in Congress especially in the old days, and he did not have other wealth.  Many times he went without heat to pay bills.  He put his lkids through college.m they graduated ****** laude.   I admire him so much

it is not often you meet a politician and gifted statesman with a strong moral compass.  He attended his Baptist Church, same church for 40 years,. Same wife, and kids and community who respected and honored him.

my granddaughter traveled not long ago as an intern to visit him on a hearing for ban the box.  He is a gifter orator as well.

i want to thank Eligjah Cummings for giving of his life and time to his community and the Congress.  I know he is heaven, but I for one will miss him.  He was so young too a few uears younger than I.  This country needed him.  But he will not ne forgotton.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I so respect that man, a fighter for the under dog in life, i did not know he was ill, i think he marched with dr, king .A life well lived, our country will miss him.

@goldensrbest, I think you are confusing Elijah Cummings with John Lewis.  It was Lewis that marched with Dr. King and was severely beaten.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

What a terrible loss, not only to his family and friends but to the entire country.   Smiley Sad

@chickenbutt 

Shoekitty said, I know chicky!!  I actually cried when I heard this.  He will genuinely missed, and his legacy will live on.  What a decent blessed man

Trusted Contributor

So sad over this. Smiley Sad Prayers to his  family.

Respected Contributor

there apparently was a lot held back by the press. he had been in a wheelchair for some time and yet we never saw him that way.  i assume we'll learn more about his medical history in the days ahead.