Trusted Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

4A31BA0F-E3DD-47CB-ABCF-E08A03D8896A.jpeg

Now that's funny....

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Remember former host Christa Pitts??    She and her family founded the "Elf on the Shelf" !!

Thank you!  I was trying to remember her name the other night.  I believe she wrote a book for her niece and then the "storm" began @Desertdi .

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Re: Elf on the Shelf

[ Edited ]

@shopperqvc wrote:

It's bad enough if you listen to the words of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" to hear he know when you are sleeping, he know when you're awake, he knows, etc. Santa has always been snooping on you if you hear the words, now he has his elves prying into your child's behavior as well. It just makes Christmas creepy. 

I behaved because I was told to, not because someone was watching my every more. It's even worse today because of real cameras everywhere. But, these elves moving around the house just isn't fun to me.

@shopperqvc 

Hey maybe "Baby Its Cold Outside" isn't the song people should be concerned about.... I think you bring up a good candidate.... Smiley Wink Woman LOL  (Just kidding folks)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Image result for funny elf on the shelf spying pictures

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Elf on the Shelf

[ Edited ]

i think it is a cute idea......have enjoyed helping other moms figure out what to do with the elf each night. did not do it with my kids because it was not around then. if i have grandchildren would definitely find this a fun thing to do.

santa claus is coming to town is a "bad" or "creepy" song? LOL, grew up with this song, sung it often in elementary school, played it often in orchestra at christmas programs, and it has been around since 1934! its a wonderful classic that has been sung by many greats.

there is also a "mensch on the bench" for hanukkah.

mensch and elf.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i think it is a cute idea......have enjoyed helping other moms figure out what to do with the elf each night. did not do it with my kids because it was not around then. if i have grandchildren would definitely find this a fun thing to do.

santa claus is coming to town is a "bad" or "creepy" song? LOL, grew up with this song, sung it often in elementary school, played it often in orchestra at christmas programs, and it has been around since 1934! its a wonderful classic that has been sung by many greats.

there is also a "mensch on the bench" for hannukah.

mensch and elf.jpg

@sunshine45   I've never seen that!  Thank you for sharing. Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

there is also a "mensch on the bench" for hanukkah.

mensch and elf.jpg

@sunshine45 

About "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"....that was a tongue in cheek comment Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: one or more people

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

LOL @Spurt 

i dont know...... that post by @qvcshopper did not sound like it was tongue in cheek......but maybe i am mistaken......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Preds 

Am i told old to buy a Elf on the shelf.? ...

or

ask one of my 4 adult  kids for one?...oops not a good idea...lol!

Maybe i need to go to my fav. shopping store ebay.  and buy one..lol!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."