Honored Contributor

I read a lengthy post on Facebook this morning, from an Optometrist, about the possible dangers of looking at the sun during an eclipse, even through "approved" glasses. 

My husband and I are throwing our glasses away today and will be watching it on tv.

I know that when I was a child we watched through a pinhole in a box, but I'm too skittish to watch now, through a box or through glasses. 

Your thoughts?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

They are extending our school day by one hour that day. Cat Surprised  I am thinking we're going to watch on closed circuit TV that day.  I agree with you @gidgetgh, those glasses, approved or not, do not provide me with any comfort from the risks.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

I have no desire to look at it directly. 

Honored Contributor

I just can't get excited about this at all.  Ok, it gets dark.  Seen dark every day of my life, and am NOT risking my sight to look at it any way.  

I've done the pinhole camera things, no risk there, but you see it on a piece of paper held under the pinhole camera.  Big deal. . . LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Eclipse revisited

[ Edited ]

Yes, I agree about the dangers of looking at the eclipse through "approved" glasses. I posted my concerns about this yesterday. It just makes sense to watch it on TV.Smiley Happy

Go to:  eclipse2017 dot nasa dot gov/eclipse-live-stream

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eclipse revisited

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

I read a lengthy post on Facebook this morning, from an Optometrist, about the possible dangers of looking at the sun during an eclipse, even through "approved" glasses. 

My husband and I are throwing our glasses away today and will be watching it on tv.

I know that when I was a child we watched through a pinhole in a box, but I'm too skittish to watch now, through a box or through glasses. 

Your thoughts?

The event is not as important as everyone makes it out to be.....

Very reminiscent  of the Stonhenge pagans 

"Momma always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun...

Blinded by the Light"

Honored Contributor

I may be the only one, but I have no interest in viewing this event, other than what is shown on the news on TV.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I may be the only one, but I have no interest in viewing this event, other than what is shown on the news on TV.

@Krimpette

No you are not.

Honored Contributor

Where is the best place to buy good eclipse glasses?

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Where is the best place to buy good eclipse glasses?

Our local news stated that some public libraries have them. @ValuSkr