Regular Contributor

Hi all, 

Newish to buying on Ebay (<2 years), never a problem until now.  Seller sent wrong size from what I ordered.  I have no use for this item and politely asked for a refund.  Ebay says I must send it back to get a refund.

Husband says no way am I to risk my life going to post offce during pandemic.  He and I are both hi-risk individuals and he says it's not worth risk.  Also governor has stay-at-home order in effect.

What would you do?  Appreciate any advice,  Seannie

Contributor

You can just arrange pick up with your post office, they will pick it up for you , you just put it in your mail box if it fits or outside if its a biger parcel for the mail person to pick up easy and free of charge.

Trusted Contributor

ask the seller to send you a return postage label, then once you get it you can go to USPS.com and request a pickup.  We were in the same situation and did exactly this and it worked out perfectly.

Super Contributor

You can print the prepaid return mailing label eBay issues, pack the item & have your mail carrier take it when he/she delivers your mail.

Honored Contributor

@ellada wrote:

You can just arrange pick up with your post office, they will pick it up for you , you just put it in your mail box if it fits or outside if its a biger parcel for the mail person to pick up easy and free of charge.

@ellada    They will only pick it up if it has a pre-paid label.  Most consumers don't have the equipment or know-how to do this.  To return or exchange it, it will have to be returned, however.  Surely the OP doesn't expect to keep it free.  She'll have to make the decision as to what to do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ellada wrote:

@ellada    They will only pick it up if it has a pre-paid label.  Most consumers don't have the equipment or know-how to do this.  To return or exchange it, it will have to be returned, however.  Surely the OP doesn't expect to keep it free.  She'll have to make the decision as to what to do.

-----------

I just put a bright colored post-it note on my mail box asking the mailman to come to house for package!  Now I have had the same guy for over four years, so we know each other!!

Honored Contributor

@Seannie    The seller could send you a prepaid label, if the issue was not your fault.  

You can always open a converation/complaint with ebay, they will step in if necessary.

Trusted Contributor

most people don't have what equipment to print out a prepaid label?  We printed ours out on a printer.  The seller sent it to us in email, we printed it out, attached it to the pakage, contacted the post office and arranged for a pickup and it was a done deal.

Regular Contributor

Hi OP here, 

Guess i'm just a naive person, but by golly, if I were a seller and sent out the wrong item I'd issue a refund pronto or send the correct item with an apology and tell them to keep the mistake item and send it back when the pandemic is over.

If the mailman picks it up at my home, where's my tracking and proof I sent it?

Thank you all for responding, 

Seannie

Honored Contributor

Re: Ebay question

[ Edited ]

I've been going to the post office just about every day for the last two weeks. I go between 8:30 and 9:00 and in each case, there has been no line at all wh9ch is surprising as it's a large, busy post office.  I wear a mask, use hand sanitizer when I get back in the car and wash my hands....three times....when I get home. And I come directly home. And I change my clothes. 

But you have to do what you are comfortable with.  I would ask the seller to email a return label to you.  As others have said, print it out and put the package in your mailbox.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?