Super Contributor

I think I posted this last year (yikes!, has it been a whole year, lol!) as a fast, easy gift that is my "go-to" for the holidays.

I buy some nice, heavy citrus fruit: large oranges, medium oranges and clementines. Really look them over and cull ones that are over-ripe.

Get some cute but CHEAP paper gift sacks from Wallyworld; not huge ones. I like the plain paper ones that are just a bit bigger than a lunch sack, decorated, with or without handles.

Line the bags with cute tissue paper, and fill with a few pieces of each size fruit, with the smaller pieces on top.

For me, this is a nice, safe gift that folks seem to enjoy. Hope this helps someone.

Esteemed Contributor

@PenneyT

This is a great gift idea, Penney...one that I would love to receive, too!!  Thanks!  Smiley Very Happy

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Reminds me of my childhood; we had big stockings that were always packed with fruit, nuts, candy.  That was back when citrus fruit was seasonal so getting oranges and tangerines in our stocking was a real treat for us.  I'm not sure why fruit would be a safe gift but I do know that everyone eats and people really do like to receive homemade goodies.  Although, I only give my homemade treats to family and friends.  

Honored Contributor

While a great idea for some, many cannot eat citrus fruits due to acid reflux and other digestive issues.

Honored Contributor

I don't think many people would like this as a gift.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

Re: Easy Gift Idea

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

I don't think many people would like this as a gift.

Well, okay then...

Super Contributor

@PenneyT wrote:

I think I posted this last year (yikes!, has it been a whole year, lol!) as a fast, easy gift that is my "go-to" for the holidays.

I buy some nice, heavy citrus fruit: large oranges, medium oranges and clementines. Really look them over and cull ones that are over-ripe.

Get some cute but CHEAP paper gift sacks from Wallyworld; not huge ones. I like the plain paper ones that are just a bit bigger than a lunch sack, decorated, with or without handles.

Line the bags with cute tissue paper, and fill with a few pieces of each size fruit, with the smaller pieces on top.

For me, this is a nice, safe gift that folks seem to enjoy. Hope this helps someone.

Nice gift idea @PenneyT!

thank u!

Trusted Contributor

@PenneyT, This is a wonderful idea for a gift.

Like @chrystaltree stated, "Reminds me of my childhood" ... for me too!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

That's funny re: the stockings memory. We must have grown up in the same generation Smiley Happy

Our stockings always looked stuffed. OOoo, candy, little gifts! Yay!

Dump out the stocking and find out it was only a few inches. The stuffed look came from an apple, an orange, and some years, even a banana!

Haha, I can't decide if that is a good memory or bad? I do remember most of my friends got fruit in their stockings too. Just the way things were done, so I will call it an ambivalent memory. I never knew any different.

Frequent Contributor

A nice idea and sweet to share it @PenneyT.❤️

I too have memories of stockings with fruit, candy and nuts.