Honored Contributor

I had bought peeps prior to Easter but, sadly, ate them before they had a chance to ripen. So, yesterday I set out on a peep procurement mission. The first two stores had none and I was forced to enter Wally's World.

Amazing, they had peeps aplenty, even a separate display of them.

Not only that, the seasonal aisle was fully stocked with candy, both sides. While some varieties of candy were a bit limited, none were completely sold out, no empty spaces.

Got peeps, half off, life is good.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain    Okay, confess.  How many packages did you buy?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 A dozen of the tradition yellow and 3 of the chocolate dipped. I'm a purist, none of birthday cake, blueberry... and no bunnies.

I may as well tell it all, I've already opened one package and half are gone. 

Honored Contributor

I bought four boxes of peeps, but the "big rat" who lives in my house ate them.  My DH says it wasn't him...he blamed it on the rat.

When I went shopping last week, I bought a lot of Easter candy to hoard in my private stash. Some went into candy dishes and some is still hidden...including 4 more boxes of peeps...the traditional ones in yellow.  The rat has no idea I bought some more.

Honored Contributor

Peeps are like that Markle woman, you either love them or hate them. I'm fortunate, my rat hates them.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain I like Peeps too.  When you say “ripen” do you mean leaving them open until they get a bit dry?  That’s the way I like to eat them. 

Honored Contributor

I've never eaten a Peep.  Probably just as well.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@itsmagic Yes, that's the way I like them best too.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 How is that possible? What about your Easter basket, was it all chocolate and jelly beans? I like those too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Easter Peep Search

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Peeps are like that Markle woman, you either love them or hate them. I'm fortunate, my rat hates them.

@occasionalrain  I don't like either of them... but then again, I wouldn't say I hate either of them... Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...