Honored Contributor

My small (back then) high school in another state has its own alumni website. We can read news and send messages back and forth. Now it looks like it is part of Classmates.com, as I keep getting e-mails from them. I can't see who has "checked out my profile" unless I join, but according to them I've had two recent visits. When I looked, my profile was the same one I wrote on our alumni website. 

Is it worth joining this? It looks like around 1/4 - 1/2 of those I graduated with are part of this.

Can it also link to my college? TIA! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I joined the free version a million years ago but my classmates don't use it.

We have a Facebook group and use that for planning reunions.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I use to be on Classmates, like, a gazillion years ago, but everyone migrated to Facebook.

I thought that Classmates went the way of MySpace.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

we use facebook and my school has its own alumni pages PLUS we have other facebook groups. my school also sends out emails and quarterly magazines. i am friends with a number of people i went to high school with. i dont see the need to add classmates.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Don't waste ur money --- the company that purchased Classmates overpaid. They make it up that friends emailed u. Not true. It's also difficult to cancel.

Read the BAD reviews:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/dating_services/classmates.html

Super Contributor

I never paid. I find that I can look people up, by their maiden name on it, get their married name, and then look them up on Facebook. No need to pay.