Honored Contributor

Re: Ear Ringing any relief??

@esmerelda wrote:

I've noticed recently that I don't have ringing, but it sounds like I'm standing in a meadow at night...the little bug sounds...not big cricket noises.

I considered seeing an ENT; but my chiropractor is wonderful and I have an appointment with her next week.  I'll talk to her about it first.  She's already relieved just about all of my carpal tunnel symptoms.  

Good to know about capsules.  I won't waste my time or money on those.

Hiya @esmerelda my friend!  I have the exact same thing.  For the first year I blamed it on the outdoors until I realized I had the same problem in the winter . . . bummer.  For me, I've learned to live with it.  I asked my GP if I had ear wax build up or something else and the answer is no so I guess I have to get used to an occassional attack of "crickets".

Esteemed Contributor

I have it....there's nothing they can do...best to ignore it as much as you can because the more attention you give it the more it rules your life....

Esteemed Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

Go to this forum:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/

Lots of good information and success stories.  Most (including me) have tried the pills and the general consensus is they are completely useless.

I signed up for a trial through the University of Michigan on a very promising treatment.  It hasn't started yet, but I am keeping my fingers crossed there may be some ray of hope.

If and when you try the treatments, by all means let us know how it goes.  I would be delighted to know there is hope for us who listen to the ringing day after day after day. Smiley Frustrated

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

I haven't tried this but "realignment of crystals in the ear" may help.  Google for details.  A chiropractor or physical therapist may be able to help.  Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

@dex: I agree regarding a chiropractor but it has to be someone who will look holistically.

i met a woman who had that ringing for a long time. Found a chiro who started working with her jaw and can’t remember what else. She said the ringing was finally going away but as she had had it for so long it was taking a while.

My daughter found a chiro who helped her like no others. She has had issues with her ears as an adult and had tubes put in about 3 times. She gets tremendous ear pain. Turns out he adjusted her jaw and she couldn't believe how the pain went away. He said that could also cause ringing in the ears if not adjusted.

Trusted Contributor

I have ringing in my left ear...interesting that when I had a novacaine shot in my left side for a tooth filling the ringing went away...as the novacaine wore off the ringing came back...was SO nice to experience relief & peace, was sad it wasn't permanent

Esteemed Contributor

I've had it since I was 20, and my ears ring 24/7.  I've been to doctors over the years, but have been told there's nothing to do for it.  I did have a dentist tell me I had TMJ and that was causing it, and had an appliance made that I wore to try to realign my jaw, but it was of no benefit unfortunately.

It's just something I have learned to live with, and I always have another noise distraction in the background so that the ear ringing isn't the only sound I'm hearing.

Regular Contributor

How about playing some music or light noise to leeson the ringing in your ears?

Honored Contributor

i have had ringing in my ears since i was in 2nd grade. I told my parents about it, they said i was nuts. I was 7 yrs old, it all began after i had my tonsils taken out. I am now near 70 yrs old. at times it is so bad. White noise does help. You learn to live with it after awhile. 

Esteemed Contributor

I never did have it til I fell and hit my head....actually I had a "drop" episode with vertigo and when I woke up:   rrrrriiiinnnggggg!!!! I had a cut place on my forehead where I struck a counter on the way down..........rrrrrriiiinnnnnnggggg........ever since then...................

1621899_277796792396335_1052828534_n.jpg