Esteemed Contributor
Why anyone feels the need to criticize and seems almost giddy about the loss of jobs in one of our United States is totally beyond me.

Un-be-lievable.
Respected Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

All I can say is what I see.   The Boeing sign was removed long ago.

No signs around to do with any of the companies that built the planes.   

Just because you can't see a sign doesn't mean Boeing doesn't still have a functioning presence in the LA area.

Respected Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Boeing has not left CA completely.  I have a close relative who works for Boeing in the LA area.

@DoneTryin,   The News interviewed a man that works for Boeing and he said tomorrow 2,200 people will get their "Lay Off Notice."   And be out of a job.  

If that's true, I'm sorry for those people.  In the meantime, my relative who works for Boeing still does.

Respected Contributor

Re: END OF AN ERA

[ Edited ]

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Boeing has not left CA completely.  I have a close relative who works for Boeing in the LA area.

@DoneTryin,   The News interviewed a man that works for Boeing and he said tomorrow 2,200 people will get their "Lay Off Notice."   And be out of a job.  

If that's true, I'm sorry for those people.  In the meantime, my relative who works for Boeing still does.

....................................................................................................

@DoneTryin,  I also feel sorry for all those people that lost their job.   Maybe some was offered to move to another State to work on the planes?   I hope so for them because it is hard to find the same kind of job they work at for years.   

While I was working for the plane builder I was voted (I didn't run for that job) to be their Union Rep.   They said I was honest and they knew I would fight for them.   I saw alot of things that gave me great saddness handling that job while I worked my normal job.   But I had to fight for them...and stand strong....and I was very young at that time too...I was younger then the people I was helping with their problems.  

Over the many years I saw thousands layed off;  several times.  I heard them say they will not find another job in that field.  Many went to school and trained for some thing else.   

I wish your relative great luck in the future.

Respected Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

All I can say is what I see.   The Boeing sign was removed long ago.

No signs around to do with any of the companies that built the planes.   

Just because you can't see a sign doesn't mean Boeing doesn't still have a functioning presence in the LA area.

......................................................................................

@DoneTryin,   I was talking about the Long Beach location.... about the large BOEING sign being removed from the building.  

It was removed a long time ago.  Told everyone they were shuting down or moving.