Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

There was something on the news last week talking about how many have moved to CA and how many have left the state.   Since more on assistance than are working this may be a indicator of how bad things really are.

......................................................................................................

That is why our taxes are sky high.  

We have several good friends that are talking about moving out of State because of the heavy traffic daily....and high taxes.   

Sorry folks, but none of that is true.

Just more baloney.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Re: END OF AN ERA

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

The End of an Era issues in a new.  Sparrow, you of all posters.  Don't you have a clue or hint as to what the new Yankee objects of flight are?  You claim to have seen one in your childhood.  Yes, we have them and use them.  We are fortunate to be living to see the transition of one technology into another.  I certainly bless and release with love all the past history that this nation has had - good and bad.  We keep progessing and evolving.  Well, some of us do anyway.

^^^^^  THIS  ^^^^^

Thanks, LR.  I am so tired of the outright untruths we see on this board.  Particularly from those who post nothing BUT fantasy, and that's putting it politely.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's a link to the LA Times story on this:

LA Time aerospace article 

Yes, times have changed but all is not "lost."

A quote from the story:

"In the coming decades, the U.S. Air Force is planning to replace its fleet of strategic bombers, which could result in contracts to aerospace companies in Palmdale, potentially creating thousands of jobs."

ETA:  Palmdale is in California.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Here you go, folks.  The REAL truth they don't want you to know:

We're No. 8: California near top of world's largest economies

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-california-world-economy-20150702-story.html

That's right, California is the 8th leading economy IN THE WORLD.  This STATE only has 7 other COUNTRIES ahead of it.  And some are now saying CA is closer to jumping a spot and being the 7th leading economy in the world.

Confirmation:

California Ranks As World’s 8th Largest Economy, Overtaking Russia And Italy

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/jul/08/california-ranks-worlds-8th-largest-economy-overta/

Honored Contributor

People leave California all the time.  When one leaves another enters.  California has moved from an agricultural industry, to high tech.  If you check our population, California is the most populated of all states, and the most diverse.  Our income per capita ranks very high.  Yes, the LA area, and the Bay area are very, very populated.  But we do have large areas of preserve. Since I was born here, I have seen huge changes.  I am sad to see all the orchards paved for homes and industry.  But I think California also does an excellent job of conserving, and I love our environment sanctions.  I remember in the 1960's the smog was so bad in some areas they had to close schools.  But we we active, and now the air is much cleaner and safe.  Nothing stays the same forever.  Progress is just want it says it is...progress.  We adapt.

Honored Contributor

There are always some people who try to take down the top dog.

Honored Contributor

For every bad thing a person can dig up about California, there are good things.  We excel in so many things.  People are just jealous, LOL!  Seriously, you can dig up anything on California that is bad.  There is a flip side to why many find it hard for small businesses.  One is rumor, the other is fact.  The fact is as California grows, and the population increases we increasingly make environmental impact laws that can hurt some.  The reason is for so many years business had free reign.  Toxins were dumped, factories and industry pumped crud into the air unfettered.  It was awful.  Great profits were made, and companies expanded unchecked.  Then it all had to be reigned in.  People were getting sick, dying even and the land was being poisoned.  The state clamped down, and as industry expands so do the laws.  The other fact is all over the country we have seen a plunge in small business, we have seen downtown close up.  But that isn't really our state, or any states fault.  It is the fault of unchecked NAFTA agreements that sent business overseas, and names like Walmart controlled the commerce in certain areas. How can anyone compete?  You can't.  Also, people moved from downtown, small business to malls.  People want to go to the malls.  They also shop online and from TV...more competition for the little guy.  What I am saying , all this is not California's fault/  It is the way the world has been trending.  Sadly

Honored Contributor

I guess if one wants to parse words, California has many "faults"!  LOL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi shoekitty Smiley Happy

Your post is so well written and accurate.  Changes for the nation usually begin in CA. You are right about the switch from shopping downtown to the malls.  

The big change lately is the tech home changing to SF.  It's a bumpy one but the money is rolling in. 

Anyone who has ever taken physics knows the only constant is change.  If it isn't happening in your state, Found and others, your state is busy dying.  Maybe you'd better get to work making changes instead of trying find fault with CA.  You depend on us for so many things.