Honored Contributor

I'm beginning to see the 'Joy' movie trailer on network TV.

The official movie screening was last night w/ good reviews....maybe an Oscar nod, as well.

I saw the trailer in the theater a while back.

I never saw SO many "???..Huh? Who...???" over the heads of everyone!!

WE know her well, almost a household name for us, so I'll be curious to see if the public will embrace the real Joy Mangano & make her famous in another venue.

Who knows, the real Joy might be there at the Academy Awards, sitting in the front row!

Are you going to see?

-------------------

"Lawrence plays the title role in “Joy,” the third collaboration between her and Russell, after “Silver Linings Playbook” (for which she won an Oscar) and “American Hustle.” The new movie is one of the last big 2015 awards hopefuls to be unveiled for the press and for guild voters, and its first significant Los Angeles and New York screenings took place simultaneously on Saturday. A Q&A from New York was broadcast to the theater on the Fox lot in L.A.

Reviews of “Joy” are embargoed until Dec. 14, but it’s safe to say that the film has many of the qualities that drew viewers to the previous Russell/Lawrence collaborations: a blend of humor and drama and a gallery of offbeat characters delivered with energy and verve.

Post-screening tweets about the film were largely positive, with most but not all of the pundits in attendance predicting that “Joy” will be a factor in the Oscar race for Best Picture, and everyone acknowledging Lawrence as a near-lock for a Best Actress nomination."

Respected Contributor

I know who she is and I don't plan on seeing the movie.  I would rather see Suffergette.

Esteemed Contributor

I just pieced this together with the trailers that I have seen. I might see it not because of Joy, but because it really did look interesting.

Trusted Contributor

I'll wait to see it on Netflix. Smiley Wink

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

I am definitely going to see it...probably in the Christmas weekend.

The director and the actors are amazing...I see everything this director does.

Respected Contributor

I am interested to see what JOY has to say about the film. It obviously takes some artistic liberties, and has the David O Russell "vibe", after watching the trailer. But I love David O Russell and J-Law, so I'm sure I'll see it at some point, but not likely in the theater. 

Valued Contributor

We have $5 Tuesdays at our show so I may go see it since I love Bradley Cooper.  It may not be until January if it's still around but I'll have to see how it goes and what type of reviews it gets.

Respected Contributor

its supposed be loosely based on Joy Ms life, she was a single mom of three and she had an idea in mind  for 17 years which became the spin mop.  part of it is filmed in a good friend's hometown.

JLaw says its a "salute to women who are unsung heroes"

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been moved by QVC to TV and movies.

Respected Contributor

I can't wait to see it. I've always said there had to be something to Joy's story to attract such heavy hitters. From what I've seen in trailers, yep, there looks like there's gonna be plenty of drama. And as much as she can grate on your nerves at times, you have to hand it to her. What she has accomplished is astounding really. I flipped over one day when she was selling the huggable hangers recently and it was about 11 am. They had already sold over 96,000 sets. Hangers....again!!  I think they are the most ever sold product in retail, online/home shopping or retail stores/mail. Crazy.  And I have no idea how many miracle mops she sold. 

Cha-Ching!!

You are right. I don't think the general public will even know who she is but everyone loves a rags to riches story.