Respected Contributor

I have never bought anything on ebay and I see something I'm interested in....how secure would you feel giving a seller your credit card info? I don't want to do paypal.

Honored Contributor

I use PayPal because I am uncomfortable giving out my credit card info. I've always had good service and secure transactions using PayPal. Good luck with whatever you choose to use.

Respected Contributor

I don't believe you can do business like that. Sign up with paypal and you have a safety net if the seller is a crook.

Paypal will take money out of a checking account or charge to your cc. I choose the latter.

Respected Contributor

I feel more secure using PayPal and I have noticed most of the vendors I do repeat business with will only take PayPal....

If I am correct, I think PayPal is owned by Ebay and if a problem has ever arisen, Paypal are excellent to deal with..

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been buying stuff on E-bay for years, and have always used Pay Pal, and I have never had a problem.

There is nothing to be scared of.

I think it's interesting that you don't feel comfortable with Pay Pal having your financial info, but you'll give it to a complete stranger?

If that's the case, can I have your credit card info?

I won't mis-use it, I promise.Wink

Respected Contributor

I always use PayPal.

Respected Contributor
On 3/24/2015 Plaid Pants said:

I've been buying stuff on E-bay for years, and have always used Pay Pal, and I have never had a problem.

There is nothing to be scared of.

I think it's interesting that you don't feel comfortable with Pay Pal having your financial info, but you'll give it to a complete stranger?

If that's the case, can I have your credit card info?

I won't mis-use it, I promise.Wink

If I felt comfortable giving cc info to a stranger, I wouldn't have started a thread about it, PP.Smile

Super Contributor

I would never give a seller on ebay my cc info. Never. If they wanted to wait for me to mail them a personal check that would be okay too.

Respected Contributor

Looks like I'll do paypal if I want this item. Thanks for the replies.

Super Contributor
Ebay buyers can only use PayPal as a means of payment is my understanding...