Honored Contributor

Re: EAST COAST LADIES and GENTS

A beautiful sunny day at the shore. Skies are blue with some billowy clouds. Lows 70s and breezy. Not windy. Boats in the bay, lots of foot traffic in the 9th Street bridge. Wonder if the storm will come back inland. Morning news (Philly station ) says it will.

I'll be up on scaffolding painting the new front door after it gets installed. Fun!....lol.
Respected Contributor

Its a gorgeous, still day here in NY. Just like it was before Sandy. 

I am working on a project. It's almost like deja vu. Sandy was coming and worked all night, praying that the lights would not go out. As I worked, I didn't know if I had to stop and dash into the basement.

I know they tend to hype storms,because it's good press, but this one I don't have a good feeling about. I don't think it's a Sandy. This is a sibling, not a twin.

The water is too warm and it could gather strength if it stalls. We are not in a spot to worry about storm surges, power outages oculd be a problem. We could also have interruption in subway service becauese of flooding. 

Yet the same could be said of nor'easters. 

I am checking in because I am getting anxious and my parents always taught  us to respect nature's fury--whether tornado or hurricane, fire or flood.

Honored Contributor

I can only access radar from my phone (no elec. here---using generators) and don't see ANY trace of Hermine. Has it fizzled? Some neighbors did leave even though they said weren't going to. The expressway and parkway were empty driving here. Coming and going.
Honored Contributor

4 september

storm went further east, fine with me.  absolutely beautiful outside. 

we did not get any rain, just heavy clouds cover friday into saturday.