Trusted Contributor

Stay safe.  If your area says to evacuate, DO IT.   This may be one of those cry wolf newscasts, but, better safe than sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: EAST COAST LADIES and GENTS

My family members in Orlando and Tampa had a rough night, with all the wind and endless rain. My daughter in Connecticut was planning to go to Block Island, off Rhode Island, but wisely canceled her plans. She and my granddaughter will just have to hunker down and stay home. Meanwhile, here in upstate NY, we are experiencing a record drought. I am terrified that our well will run dry. 

Esteemed Contributor

SC here. Have had high winds and 3'' of rain and are expecting another 3. In somewhat of a lull right now but forecast for tonight doesn't look great. We are now under a tornado warning. Glad we still have power and a/c. Stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

I live in Joisey.  So far in the part of Joisey I live in, we will be getting 70 mph winds starting Saturday evening.  I am 80 miles from "the shore,"  live in a highrise which sits on top of a hill.

The hurricane will be out to sea heading away from land.  But, since the ocean is "warm" which is unusual, the hurricane will get stronger.  The Joisey shore areas will be the hardest hit due to the winds, beach erosion, tides & flooding (and those who have no insurance).

My car is covered w/grass & mud from the landscapers who do our property.icon_exclaim.gif  I am hoping for a good soaking so I won't have to go the car wash. hidemf3.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian, I hear you about the well.  I'm in Nova Scotia and it has been a drought summer, very unusual for us.  Well is ok for us but some are having to bring in water by truck for their wells.

Stay safe everyone.  LM

Respected Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

Stay safe.  If your area says to evacuate, DO IT.   This may be one of those cry wolf newscasts, but, better safe than sorry.

Do you live here?

Honored Contributor

We have a tropical storm watch here until around midnight tonight.  Other than maybe some big puddles tomorrow ... I can't see a problem for my immediate area.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac

I hope the tropical storm cools its jets before it gets to you. Is 80 miles from shore enough to prevent windows in 2nd story buildings from blowing out?

Wishing you and all the others here safety! 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Where I live on the coast (Cape Cod), we're not getting the storm but plenty of rain from Sunday on. The Cape needs the rain because everyone's grass is brown and it's been very dry here.

My youngest daughter is supposed to visit the Outer Banks this weekend with her boyfriend and his family. Smiley Sad

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Checking in from Long Island -- that fish shaped island off of NYS -- there is a tropical storm watch posted for our area and we are expecting winds of about 50-60 MPH by us; our eastern end will get rain as it heads towards the Cape Cod area.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼