Honored Contributor

E-FILING TAXES? CHECK REBATE SITES!

A lot of people are filing their taxes online.   

This morning I checked the rebate sites for the FreeTaxUsa program and found that Rakuten pays a rebate of 7.5% and Top CashBack pays 15%!

So .......  just a suggestion to check before completing your filing.   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: E-FILING TAXES? CHECK REBATE SITES!

I used TaxAct and got a 10% rebate from TopCashBack. I've already e-filed and just waiting for the IRS to accept my return for processing. That's suppose to start on Feb 12.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I used TaxAct and got a 10% rebate from TopCashBack. I've already e-filed and just waiting for the IRS to accept my return for processing. That's suppose to start on Feb 12.

@SilleeMee 

I think most tax prep companies are giving rebates.

Honored Contributor

I can save $20 by using turbotax thru my bank---paid $60 last year--can't file EZ form---and there was no free efile for me. 

Honored Contributor

I use Taxslayer. They are doing $5.00 off if you have a free federal e-filing and 25% off if you have a paid federal e-filing.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I can save $20 by using turbotax thru my bank---paid $60 last year--can't file EZ form---and there was no free efile for me. 

I used for years Turbo Tax for free then they wanted to charge me $60.00 two years ago.  Switched to FreeTaxUsa and no problems for no money paid to them. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

I used for years Turbo Tax for free then they wanted to charge me $60.00 two years ago.  Switched to FreeTaxUsa and no problems for no money paid to them. 

@beckyb1012 

I had a CPA  do my taxes for years, and looked elsewhere after he died at his desk.

My sister asked her employer's top tax guy if he'd do hers for a discount, and he told her she'd be better off doing it on FreeTaxUSA.  He said it was the best online tax thing he'd ever seen, and he'd looked at them all.  The explanations are very easy to understand.    They charge $0 for Federal tax return, and $12.95 for State.  Plus the rebate ... well, it's a bargain and a great option.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@beckyb1012 

I had a CPA  do my taxes for years, and looked elsewhere after he died at his desk.

My sister asked her employer's top tax guy if he'd do hers for a discount, and he told her she'd be better off doing it on FreeTaxUSA.  He said it was the best online tax thing he'd ever seen, and he'd looked at them all.  The explanations are very easy to understand.    They charge $0 for Federal tax return, and $12.95 for State.  Plus the rebate ... well, it's a bargain and a great option.

Especially linving in Texas where there is no State Tax Return to file!!Woman Wink

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."