Honored Contributor

Sometime back a person, or persons, posted a formula for using regular liquid non foaming soap. Sorry I cannot remember who that may be. 

I decided a few days ago to empty 1 of our close to empty foaming soap containers into another so I would have an empty once to try out their formula. I remember the formula saying how much water to the liquid hand soap, and away I went.

Wasn't sure if it said to use cold or warm water. I do remember than cold water washes away soap on and in dishes and bowls, but wasn't sure which way to go.

First I put in the liquid soap then added the kinda warm water. Went with pouring the water in slowly so as not to create foam. After putting in the water I stirred the combination up a bit to get a good mixture.

Let it sit overnight before giving it a shot to see how it worked. To my surprise it came out as foam, exactly as was put up in (?) formula.

Just wanted to thank whomever posted that formula. I see it as saving a lot of $$$ in this time of wash/wash/wash our hands. A BIG Thank You from,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

i use a foaming soap dispenser and put regular liquid hand soap. dilute it with water - any temp, shake it, it dispenses foaming soap. easy. 

Honored Contributor

I do that too. Save the foaming dispenser bottle and just refill it with regular dish soap and some water 

and voila!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I like to buy them from Bath & Body Works ....I love the beautiful different sents when washing my hands & the sent lingers afterward .... it just puts me in a “happy place” 🎅🏻🎄🤶🎄

Trusted Contributor

Hi John,

I love tips like this!

I'm so glad that it's working out for you.

I'll have to remember to give that a try.

Your tip reminds me that I've been mixing the blue hand-washing dish detergent from Aldis with a yellow grease-cutting hand-washing dish detergent.

I put them together in one bottle, and it turns this pretty green color, and I get my own degreasing dishwashing detergent for hand-washing dishes.

It seems to work better with both combined, than with using each separately and the mixture is concentated enough that it lasts a long time, too. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@hckynut  You can buy on amazon ,the bottles to make foaming soap, if you need any.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

You can use many things to refill foaming hand soap bottles.  I have successfully used shampoo that didn't work wonders on my hair.  Lately I have been using lavender scented baby wash or baby shampoo. Love the gentle scent.

Honored Contributor

I've always used foaming hand soap.  I only use a bar of soap for washing my body.I always used Dial in the kitchen and bathroom.  During the early days of the pandemic, this was hard to find. I continue to use it.  Never had the hand sanitziers because I was too late trying to get them.  But I always thought foaming soap was just as. 

Honored Contributor

I buy all my hand soaps at Bath & Bodyworks. I never bought the foaming soap, I always bought the other one. I have become a convert, love the foaming soap. I noticed how much soap I was wasting, the non-foaming wouldn't come out of the pump. The foaming allows you to get every last drop of the soap.

Trusted Contributor

I kept my foaming soap bottles from BBW, and searched online for a "recipe".  The one that I successfully use is 1/4 body wash and 3/4 water.  Shake well and let it sit a bit before use.  No one in my family knows the difference.