Image result for the thinker gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I only see one name not bolded??

screenshot_336.jpg

@Icegoddess   ???  This indicates a mix of forums.

I see my name is not bolded, for shame.Smiley Tongue

I see Sunala is not bolded but that is a different forum.

I was only looking at this forum, Community Chat.

@Cakers3 , Correct.  At the top of the page under Blogs & Forums there's a folder called Forums.  That pic was taken from there.  I found it particularly appropo that your name was one of the ones not bolded because I took the snapshot in response to your post.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dumb Board Question

[ Edited ]

Me trying to figure this out:

Capture.PNG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A user nickname will show up in bold text after the post count reaches a certain number.   

That's the simple answer...  but then there's complication to follow.   

If a nickname is listed multiple times (identical duplicates) in the user file, sometimes the list-of-threads display will pick up the one with the high post count and it will be in bold text, but other times it will pick up the one with a count too low for bold text.   (That means the displayed nickname isn't always the correct user file account.)

The best way to look at that is to search for the user name (upper right corner of Community threads, and instead of searching on "Community" use the drop-down menu and search in "Users") and take a look at any duplicates.    You also can click on the nickname itself displayed in the list of threads and you'll see which user profile was accessed -- sometimes it's the wrong user account, so the list display is glitchy.    (It's another example of messy software design/management on this website.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks like Suxela not Sunala...

But, tbh, at a glance I thought thread was titled *Dumb Broad Question*

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

A user nickname will show up in bold text after the post count reaches a certain number.   

If a nickname is listed multiple times (identical duplicates) in the user file, sometimes the list-of-threads display will pick up the one with the high post count and it will be in bold text, but other times it will pick up the one with a count too low for bold text.   (That means the displayed nickname isn't always the correct user file account.)

The best way to look at that is to search for the user name (upper right corner of Community threads, and instead of searching on "Community" use the drop-down menu and search in "Users") and take a look at any duplicates.    You also can click on the nickname itself displayed in the list of threads and you'll see which user profile was accessed -- sometimes it's the wrong user account, so the list display is glitchy.    (It's another example of messy software design/management on this website.)

@dooBdoo, my head just exploded.  

Honored Contributor

Hmmmmm....I'll have to think about that.......

Marcus Westburg, 34, photographed the creature's gloomy expression while visiting the Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in southwestern Uganda. The grumpy gorilla (pictured) cradled his head in a sorrowful human-like pose

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo   Well, leave it to YOU to give us the "final" answer!  Cat Happy

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I was getting dizzy reading all the posts and here you are as always...to the rescue.  Smiley Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam