Honored Contributor

When scrolling down the boards, what does it mean when a user's name is bold vs not bold?

Honored Contributor

i have always wondered about this also @Icegoddess .

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

That's a good question. I have noticed when a thread title is bolded (I haven't opened that thread) or not bolded (I've opened that thread) but never noticed that with the OP name.

Honored Contributor

I only see one name not bolded??

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Hahaha ... good job.  You made me look.  I had noticed that before but never really thought about it.  Now I want to know why, too.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

screenshot_336.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

That's a good question. I have noticed when a thread title is bolded (I haven't opened that thread) or not bolded (I've opened that thread) but never noticed that with the OP name.

Yes on that.

As for the posters’ names, the new posters are not bolded, I believe.  I don’t know how many posts they require to become bold though.

If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will correct me!😉

Respected Contributor

Could it be the name that is not bold is a "newish" member?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dumb Board Question

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

i have my posts set to 50 per page.

when i look at the community chat listings i see these names that are NOT bolded.....

grammyto3

suziebee

gemcd

subito

of these four.....one says "new contributor," two say "contributor," and one says "occasional contributor."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Could it be the name that is not bold is a "newish" member?

I don't think so.  In the pic I posted above @Cakers3, who is an Esteemed Contributor is one of the non-bolded names.