Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess Meghan to accompany the Queen

@chrystaltree wrote:

Meghan is definitey making us all proud.  I think especially because wasn't  born into wealth or high society.  She's just the "girl next door" who has the education, elegance, grace  to marry into the  Royal family and perform her duties as if she were born to it.  Obviously the Queen likes her and has a great deal of faith in her.

Exactly @chrystaltree! She is relatable and human. A very smart, well-travelled and well-read person. She certainly is making us all proud! 

I'm a huge fan of train travel, train movies, trains, trains, trains! Here's a peek inside the royal one

royal train.jpg

Honored Contributor

@bathina    thanks for the pix of the royal train. I also love train travel although I haven't done it in a while. The queen looks pretty in her pink ensemble. I would like the coat but she can keep the hat.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

There are probably quite a few of Meghan's qualities that the Queen likes.  Things/demeanor/intelligence/etc., etc. that the general public isn't aware (of). 

(Good for Meghan, and good for the Queen.)

Wishing them well.  England has been our friend for many, many years.  So glad that our friendship is now even more bridged.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I think it is fun to read about Megan, Kate, the Princes and especially those cute kids.  If people dont like then, go to another thread

sometimes it is just nice to read about a relatable woman making her way in the world.  People follow rock stars, celebrities, etc,  Megan and Kate and yes, Diana are more fun and real.  Yes, they are rich and privileged,but they do a lot of good in the world.  Their whole working life is serving others, or speaking with others who help others. They raise lots of momey to do good. Where is the harm?

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I think it is fun to read about Megan, Kate, the Princes and especially those cute kids.  If people dont like then, go to another thread

sometimes it is just nice to read about a relatable woman making her way in the world.  People follow rock stars, celebrities, etc,  Megan and Kate and yes, Diana are more fun and real.  Yes, they are rich and privileged,but they do a lot of good in the world.  Their whole working life is serving others, or speaking with others who help others. They raise lots of momey to do good. Where is the harm?

There is absolutely no harm until the gushing and canonization ensues... Then it just gets to be a bit much...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish Meghan nothing but the best as she takes on what is certainly an entirely new way of life. She seems to be a quick study and eager to learn....certainly Kate will be a good mentor for her. I would think simply showing the Queen the proper deference is half the battle....she will do fine....

Honored Contributor

No one has canonized her here, yet lol.  I am sure some people just want to talk, and have a conversation.  I myself love to look at the handbags!  There was a chloe handbag she wore I am coveting.  The handbag she wore with the camel outfit? Did you see that one?  Me, me, me. 

the title of this thread is Duchess Megan.......

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the Queen was a secret "Suits" watcher, and she's enamored by Megan's role in the show?

They're cozying up in that elaborate train coach as we speak, discussing all the characters and the stars who portrayed them.

"Megan dear, tell me more..."

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

I haven't heard anything about Markle since she wore stockings that were thought to be lighter than her skin tone.  Major hoopla and masive commentary dissecting what was she thinking, was she trying too hard to fit in, etc.  That was a big "I can't take it anymore, I don't care" moment for me.

There's a case to be made for the royal train.  It's a symbol of British power in a way.  England helped pioneer a train system.  They did trains in their colonies.  So it's a fairly significant  in your face monarchy moment to have a train with the Queen traveling on it.  

Respected Contributor

Would it be this one @shoekitty?

mm bag.jpg