Respected Contributor

Duchess Meghan to accompany the Queen

On Thursday, Duchess Meghan will accompany the Queen, on the royal train, to a luncheon and the opening of two venues. The Duchess will also overnight on the train.  It seems this is a huge honor, as many royal family members have never even been on the train. Duchess Kate's first outing with the Queen was 9 months after Kate and William married. The Duchess of Sussex is a quick study indeed.

Go Meghan! Do US proud!

Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Meghan to accompany the Queen

Meghan said she was nervous at the last event but hides it well.  I wish her the best.  It can't be easy learning certain ways to act, speak, walk, whatever all over again.  As long as she loves Harry and he loves her she will be fine.  The Queen will be observing Meghan as she has been through some training already.  I wish her all the luck.  This couple won my heart as they appear to be very much in love and a new fresh look for the Royal family.  Kate and Will have to act somewhat differently and more reserved because he is 3rd in line.  Kate & Will would welcome a little more relaxed environment, I am sure.  I have to add about how well behaved George and Charlotte are.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't think most Americans I know think or expect Meghan to represent us, still confused why going anywhere with the Queen is a big deal.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I don't think most Americans I know think or expect Meghan to represent us, still confused why going anywhere with the Queen is a big deal.

Agreed, @SydneyH.  The new Duchess of Sussex is not there as a US emissary, she is fulfilling duties as a member of the Royal Family.  For Brits it is a big deal to accompany the Queen because she's The QUEEN.

Honored Contributor

Meghan is the gift that keeps on giving! Not since Diana's arrival has there been this much media attention. The "Firm" is seizing on the opportunity. 

Keep watching! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchI agree with you totally.  First, that Meghan does not represent all of our country, but also that accompanying the Queen in Britain is a big deal in a country where royalty has been a tradition for nearly its whole existence as a country.

This queen may actually be responsible for the survival of support for the royal family into this century.  She has held her position from her youth into her long old age and done it with class and grace.  Were she like the first Elizabeth, I'd be surprised if there were still the veneration given to the royals.

Respected Contributor

MM is special .. like Diana.

I'm sure the Queen likes her a lot.  MM is gracious and smart.

I wish her the best.

I have no doubt she will be successful in her role as Duchess and an exemplary goodwill ambassador overseas - - just like Diana was.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@bathina wrote:

On Thursday, Duchess Meghan will accompany the Queen, on the royal train, to a luncheon and the opening of two venues. The Duchess will also overnight on the train.  It seems this is a huge honor, as many royal family members have never even been on the train. Duchess Kate's first outing with the Queen was 9 months after Kate and William married. The Duchess of Sussex is a quick study indeed.

Go Meghan! Do US proud!

An FYI, her title isn't Duchess Meghan.  She is Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.   Kate is Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. 

Respected Contributor

Duchess Meghan is not formally representing the US, but her actions do reflect on the US. Rest assured if she were misbehaving, her US upbringing would be called into question. So happy to see the Duchess sliding right into her new role and making US proud.

Evidently the Queen is taken with her new grand daughter-in-law! Looking forward to seeing pics from her travels on Thursday.

Honored Contributor

Meghan is definitey making us all proud.  I think especially because wasn't  born into wealth or high society.  She's just the "girl next door" who has the education, elegance, grace  to marry into the  Royal family and perform her duties as if she were born to it.  Obviously the Queen likes her and has a great deal of faith in her.