Valued Contributor

Did laundry the other night. Went to get it from the dryer and clothes were still wet. Not damp-wet. Turned it on again, and 45 min later the same thing. Wet clothes. I took a vent brush and got a little out of the dryer and went outside and got a handful from the vent. Tried the dryer again, and still not drying. It runs for 30min, gets hot but doesn't do the cool down before turning off. Any ideas or suggestions other than a professional?

TIA

cookin

Valued Contributor

Is it tumbling?  We had the belt break once and everything worked but nothing moved, hence no drying.  Just a thought.

Valued Contributor

It is tumbling. It just won't dry my clothes. I am going to try to pull the vent hose from the dryer this weekend and see if it's really clogged. I want to see if it is attached correctly also. A coworker said the hose came loose from their dryer one time and had the same problem.

cookin

Respected Contributor

Have you tried cleaning out inside of the dryer vent hose?   Move the dryer away from the wall and unhook the big hose.  Look to see if there's a buildup of lint inside.  Hook it back up and try the dryer again.

Next step is to call a mechanic.  Might be a thermostat.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like the heating element.  Call the repairman.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a clog. If it's tumbling and getting hot then that would most likely be the problem.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dryer problems

[ Edited ]

If the dryer remains cold, it would seem to be the heating element.

Esteemed Contributor

Have you checked the vent hose all the way to the outside? This happened to my neighbor and everything was fine with the dryer itself, however, the vent hose was totally clogged.

Respected Contributor

Call someone and have them look at it.  It might be the vent.   Mine was clogged and started a fire.  Good thing I was home at the time 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We've had someone come to house to blow all the lint out and when it's done it's like a herd of buffalo coming out of the dryer vent.  All that lint and dog hair adds up fast.  Should be done every two years.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~