Respected Contributor

I don't find Philosophy 3 in 1 shower gels moisturizing at all.  they leave my skin quite dry.  I do like Dove Nutrium body wash for sensitive skin, and also Aveda Rosemary Mint body wash (bit pricey) but smells so fresh.

Honored Contributor

I love the Oil of Olay Age Defying body wash.

Cetaphil would be great too.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad I read this thread.  I quit using Philosophy a long time ago and started using Bath & Body Works, which I like a lot.  I use their fruit scented ones, because most scents boher me.  That's why I was never able to find a drugstore brand.  They all seemed to have strong scents.  Now I've written down four from this list that are unscented.  I'm looking forward to trying them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I like Dove Wintercare for me. My skin is super dry and psoriasis prone.

I place Caress in the guest bath, everyone who stays comments on the great fragrances!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Having a bout with very dry skin.  Philosophy shower gels don't seem to be helping.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a drugstore brand that is really moisturizing?

@nana59

Yes, but it is not exciting.  It is Eucerine skin calming body wash.  It is unscented,  very gentle and makes my skin so soft and happy.  Derm recommended it and I won't use anything else.

I read an article on internet the other day and it said your skin hates you when you use soaps, wash clothes, hot-hot water on your skin.  Use a very gentle body wash and your fingers to cleanse and tepid water.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I love alba botanica, very emollient shower gels, i buy from vitacost, a large 32 oz bottle, join mr.rebates and money back for yourself.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Like many here I love Dove. They have uncented for those that have an issue. I find even the bar soap is good.

For tub soaks I like Dr. Teals epsom salts . There are many varieties. One has avocado and is moistuizing.

Valued Contributor

Bought Tea Tree Body wash with shea butter (in plastic bottle) and matching lotion (in a tube). Am doing Chemo and understand one's skin can get very dry. Started using the pair before my first session and I like the result.

Bought mine for $5.99 each at my new Hy-Vee store, but I'm sure it's available at other venues.