Esteemed Contributor

Having a bout with very dry skin.  Philosophy shower gels don't seem to be helping.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a drugstore brand that is really moisturizing?

Trusted Contributor

I have many that I've been very happy with. I know that Dove has some nice ones that are moisturizing, and also look at Olay. I just had one of theirs that was very creamy. I also have a coconut water body wash by Dial, and also Suave's silkening body wash (gold container) with Moroccan oil. Just look for "moisturing" on the package & try that out. For the price of drugstore products, you can't lose.

Honored Contributor

Try the Oil of Olay ones if you want moisturizing.  

Respected Contributor

I use Dove body washes and love them.  I also use Aveeno, Caress, and and Oil of Olay body washes with very good results.  I usually follow with a good moisturizing body lotion. 

Esteemed Contributor

Here is a nice list of body washes that are good for the skin and don't have irritating fragrances. CeraVe is recommended by the derms I work for often so is the Eucerin and Aveeno. I have tried the Yes to Coconuts one and I like that is well. It isn't hard to find a body wash better than philosphys ones. No offense, just being truthful.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/best-skin-care-products/Skin-Care/Body-Was...

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I no longer buy expensive body wash products.  If you take baths, use a cheaper bubble bath with 2 cups of epsom salt.  Scrub the problem areas with a combination of epsom, olive oil every couple of days.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Drugstore Body Wash

[ Edited ]

Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash fragrance free oil

Trust me on this one!  At times my legs that are so dry and itchy that Ive actually had to get back in the shower and put jojoba on them while wet.  No fragrance for sensitive skin.  I can't post a link but the Amazon reviews say it all.

edited to add that Paula's choice gives it FIVE STARS and it's under $10....

Honored Contributor

I use Dove body wash, it's great for my skin which tends to be dry.

Valued Contributor

I have very dry skin too. Some body washes make me itch.

I really like Aveeno active naturals skin relief fragrance free.

No itching and helps with dry skin but I still need a moisturizer. I think I paid about $7 for 18 oz at Walmart.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Super Contributor

My husband has very dry skin and he now uses Dove Body Wash and it's completely cleared up and healed his itchy patches.