Respected Contributor

S. Korea has already done 100,000 corona tests.  Now one city can give them on a drive-thru basis.  If you are sick, you can get the results within hours.

That is preparedness and the USA should copy it.  That poor guy who just died here didn't even have the dignity of having been given a test.

Respected Contributor

I think you're complaining in the wrong place.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@KarenQVC 

As you've already been told, the man who died did NOT FIT THE CRITERIA for testing in this country at the time. 

Stop trying to create hysteria.

Honored Contributor

On the other hand, 2 patients here in the US that had been in quarantine for a couple of weeks, tested negative and were released, then later showed symptoms and tested positive.

No hysteria here, but I have to question the validity of the 'testing'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

On the other hand, 2 patients here in the US that had been in quarantine for a couple of weeks, tested negative and were released, then later showed symptoms and tested positive.

No hysteria here, but I have to question the validity of the 'testing'.

I'm making a bit of a guess here about the testing based on limited knowledge and logic.

At the time of testing for covid-19, or any other disease, the test can only determine if antibodies are being produced to indicate infection.  Testing cannot determine exposure.  Therefore, the testing can only determine that at the moment the test was given the person either is or is not infected.  It cannot foretell the individual's status in 24 hours.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@KarenQVC 

As you've already been told, the man who died did NOT FIT THE CRITERIA for testing in this country at the time. 

Stop trying to create hysteria.

@Sushismom   I swear some are actually hoping for the worst to happen.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

You should let the White House know that.

Respected Contributor

This is my feeling.  I believe the Covid 19 virus entered the US and other countries weeks before experts realized.  People were probably getting ill and they and medical professionals thought it was the flu.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny 

I agree, some Healthcare professionals and epidemiologists are saying the same thing.  It was a bad flu year, still is.  Some people have had COVID 19 but it was diagnosed as the common flu, they recovered and everything was fine.  Some of the many thousands of fl deaths in this country might have been COVID 19.  Don't forget COVID 19 is a flu virus and no one  knew there this strain was out there until it was identified in China.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Allegheny 

I agree, some Healthcare professionals and epidemiologists are saying the same thing.  It was a bad flu year, still is.  Some people have had COVID 19 but it was diagnosed as the common flu, they recovered and everything was fine.  Some of the many thousands of fl deaths in this country might have been COVID 19.  Don't forget COVID 19 is a flu virus and no one  knew there this strain was out there until it was identified in China.  

I agree.  If individuals were tested for known flu virus the results probably came back negative due to no testing available yet for Covid 19.  Probably assumed to be a respiratory or bronchial illness of another origin.