Trusted Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

One dream that I'll never forget happened about two months ago.

Long story short, I dreamt that Don Johnson, from "Miami Vice" (he was about 45), and I were about to make out, when I woke up because I had to pee.

When I got back into bed, I hoped that I would go back to my dream, but *,sigh* nope, didn't happen.

Darn it!

*lol*

Poor Plaid Smiley Sad

I have had the same experience - very distressing !!!

Trusted Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

One dream that I'll never forget happened about two months ago.

Long story short, I dreamt that Don Johnson, from "Miami Vice" (he was about 45), and I were about to make out, when I woke up because I had to pee.

When I got back into bed, I hoped that I would go back to my dream, but *,sigh* nope, didn't happen.

Darn it!

*lol*

@Plaid Pants2

So sorry for you!!!  Maybe you'll get another chance! 

don johnson.jpg

@fortune@Plaid Pants2

NOW THIS BARES REPEATING ...

Respected Contributor

A person dreams every night. You must remember your dream as soon as you wake up. I keep a notebook by my bed and write down my dreams every morning.

I think that some dreams are trying to tell you something and others are just crazy because we ate right before we went to bed.

My Mother and Father have both passed away and they come in my dreams quite often. I feel that it is because I miss them so muchHeart

Honored Contributor

when i start getting weird dreams I really dislike them a lot. they scare me.  I knew when my husband job would make us relocate 6 months before the transfer would come in.  I knew when my dad passed away before the call came in.

I think dreams tell us things.

Honored Contributor

I have to wonder if those who have recurring dreams about loved ones who have passed or other traumatic incidents are experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. I believe I had PTSS for 10 years after I was married. I would dream that something happened to my husband and I had to return home. I would also panic when he didn't come home from work on time. The dreams or I should say nightmares didn't stop until after my son was born. I think the dreams finally stopped because after my son was born his happiness and well being were more important than my own.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I have to wonder if those who have recurring dreams about loved ones who have passed or other traumatic incidents are experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. I believe I had PTSS for 10 years after I was married. I would dream that something happened to my husband and I had to return home. I would also panic when he didn't come home from work on time. The dreams or I should say nightmares didn't stop until after my son was born. I think the dreams finally stopped because after my son was born his happiness and well being were more important than my own.

No, if that were true , the way my son shane died , in 1998  would most certainly would had caused that to me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I dreamt my Father died and was so happy to wake up from that dream.  An hour after I woke up I was told he died. He was 58 and this was completely unexpected.  I have absolutely no doubt he was communicating with me as he died. This is something I'll never forget.

@MoJoV

Many years ago my sisters dog got lost when she was moving   She never found .Years later, I was def. NOT thinking of her dog,she had always  lived many  states away rfom me anyway and I had a busy life of my own with 4 kids...

Anyway ,one night many years later I dreamed she called me saying she found her dog!

Early that morning I get a call from her,she says" guess what?"  

I reply saying,"you found your dog!"

She was astounded,She could hardly believe what I said........lol  How did you know ,she asked!!!!

I told her I had a dream about it last night!!

Esteemed Contributor

@sktchy no message...just that he died.  He was a hard working 58 year old and I was a selfish 18 year old who rarely thought about anyone but myself.  I might think it was subconscious if he were elderly and ill. I know he was thinking of me as he died. Such a good Father.

Your experience is sad but at least you heard him laugh. Kind of bittersweet.  There is so much we don't know about these things. Once you have that kind of an experience you can't forget it ever.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

Yes.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

Dreams can be a method that deceased love ones communicate with us.  We are more able to listen in our dreams as the noise and clutter of the day is gone.