Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,735
Registered: ‎02-04-2014

Re: Draft RA Email to BOSS....Comments welcome

I must disagree with those who said ... do it verbally, and not in writing.

 

Always have a 'hard copy' of anything, so conveying your issues verbally you have NO PROOF of what you stated to upper management.  But yes, use conciseness and clarity in your letter, just revise it.   My best to you!  @Happiness Is Inside JOB 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,468
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Draft RA Email to BOSS....Comments welcome


@sea breeze wrote:

I must disagree with those who said ... do it verbally, and not in writing.

 

Always have a 'hard copy' of anything, so conveying your issues verbally you have NO PROOF of what you stated to upper management.  But yes, use conciseness and clarity in your letter, just revise it.   My best to you!  @Happiness Is Inside JOB 


There is nothing wrong with having a verbal conversation then following up with a written confirmation stating what was discussed and the decisions made.  Then all parties have a copy of the agreed resolution.  That is what is important, not everything ion the middle.

You never look good trying to make someone else look bad.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,153
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Draft RA Email to BOSS....Comments welcome

@CrazyDaisy , I think she already had a conversation and her supervisor doesn't want to go along with the approval.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,468
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Draft RA Email to BOSS....Comments welcome


@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CrazyDaisy , I think she already had a conversation and her supervisor doesn't want to go along with the approval.


To be honest I was confussed concerning what happened and I think the OP was also.  There was no resolution in that conversation.  There is nothing wrong with discussing alternatives, however in the end they must agree on a solution.  That solution is then documented so all parties are on the same page.

You never look good trying to make someone else look bad.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,037
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Draft RA Email to BOSS....Comments welcome

@Happiness Is Inside JOB :  I hope things go well for you today.  Please update us as you feel comfortable doing.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,751
Registered: ‎05-10-2010

Re: Draft RA Email to BOSS....Comments welcome

Seriously?  You are just going to ignore the sound advice that those of us know what we are talking about gave you?  It's obvious that your supervisor doesn't understand the RA process or RA.  I really don't know what's going on with you.  I can't wrap my head around why you won't go back to the RA Office that APPROVED it and just tell them that you are having problems with your supervisor.  But, some people do like to make things harder on themselves.  Send the email.  I get the feeling you want fight more than you want your RA.   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,751
Registered: ‎05-10-2010

Re: Draft RA Email to BOSS....Comments welcome


@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:
It comes across as hostile. Shouldn’t your HR department be drafting your RA?

If you believe her first post; they have a separate RA Office and that Office approved her RA but her supervisor didn't honor it.  Taking her at face value, it was 100% obvious that supervisor doesn't have the foggiest idea of how to proceed because he didn't understand that the RA was done deal, approved.  All she had to do was go back to the RA Office and tell them what was going on.  Sadly, she's as confused about the process as that supervisor is.  

 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,432
Registered: ‎06-12-2010

Re: Draft RA Email to BOSS....Comments welcome

[ Edited ]

I seriously hope you have not sent this email or anything directly to your boss.

 

You have included way too much information no one needs to know.

 

This is what lawyers are for.

 

Find a good one and allow them to handle this.

 

Remember, Human Resources works for the company, not you.

 

Trust no one.

 

That email was therapeutic.  Leave it at that.  Do not send it.

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,970
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Draft RA Email to BOSS....Comments welcome


@lovesrecess wrote:
I would send an email requesting an appointment to speak directly to him about your concerns. I would take notes and tell him you will send him a summary of the meeting via email so you both can remember what was said/ agreed upon. I would never give him specifics about your medical issues....none of his business and he can get that info from your disability paperwork that your physician should have already provided.

 

I disagree.  She should not be discussing this with him on her own, especially because she doesn't seem to understand the process, what exactly has been approved, what

information he's entitled to, etc.

 

Winging it and going about this all on her own will almost certainly make matters worse.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,970
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Draft RA Email to BOSS....Comments welcome


@Chrystaltree wrote:

Seriously?  You are just going to ignore the sound advice that those of us know what we are talking about gave you?  It's obvious that your supervisor doesn't understand the RA process or RA.  I really don't know what's going on with you.  I can't wrap my head around why you won't go back to the RA Office that APPROVED it and just tell them that you are having problems with your supervisor.  But, some people do like to make things harder on themselves.  Send the email.  I get the feeling you want fight more than you want your RA.   


 

I have the feeling that he very well may know the process but is trying to take advantage of the fact that she doesn't.  I don't fully understand all of this, but it sounded as though he was offering her alternatives that would be of benefit to him, but not to her.

 

I agree that she absolutely should get in touch with the RA Office.  Just pick up the phone and call them.  They're the ones she should be speaking to about how this works.  Speaking to him about this and tangling the situation further is a really bad idea.