Esteemed Contributor

I cannot watch more than 30 seconds of him. With a background in psychology, I can tell you that he breaks every rule of counseling. Years of research and experience mean nothing to him. He just goes for the outrageous, that which garners attention. I doubt that he has helped many people.

Honored Contributor

I still watch on occasion, I find him less offensive than other day time talent.

Honored Contributor

Long before Dr. Phil was a twinkle in Oprah's eye Sally Jesse Raphael had a show featuring a married couple who later found out that they were brother and sister.

Years after Dr. Phil had his own show that same couple was on; and Dr. Phil presented them as just finding out that they were brother and sister; they were "seeking advice" on how to handle the situation.

We are talking YEARS from Sally's show to Dr. Phil's own show.

So no, I don't believe that every situation on Dr. Phil is legit; and those that are, such as the exploitation of Shelley Duval, are a disgrace.

But hey-all is right with the world-people can get psychological advice by watching Dr. Phil and medical advice from Dr. Oz.

Who needs anyone else?  *eyeroll*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I do not watch Dr Phil.  I think he is in this for the money and the sensationalism.  I have watched him a couple of times in years gone by, so I know about him. 

However, I did watch the link that a poster had put up.  I don't know if this woman is for real, just a good actress or a poor woman who is being used and led on by Dr Phil.............

Honored Contributor

@mwmc I watched that video. This poor woman had obviously got severe mental illness and for him to bring her on television and cause her trauma to benefit him & his show is disgusting! 

Respected Contributor

Is he still around?