Honored Contributor

I appreciate that @SharkE.  

But he announced it and continues to announce it every day on his show. Let's get really ridiculous and say he could not have specified any amount.  

After all, I was taught not to ever talk dollars and cents period because it's showing off.  But that's controlling another person and no one can do that even though we all think we can.

It was an honest observation by myself and others on a man who asks a lot of his viewers' generosity.  We are just flipping a small mirror back to say, your turn.  

After the show focused on Robin's glamourous photo shoot in the Hamptons and celebrity party, how about you give back more than what that trip cost for the weekend?        

Believe me, I have better things to spend the minutes of my life on than this.  I had a half second thought like some others did and just wanted to say along with them yeah, I thought so too.   

Honored Contributor

I'm not jealous of him or Robin. They can botox all they want and take trips and play the hero it's not me he will have to answer to.

Bet a lot of people that could had made a contribution and didn't. Ones that go public put theirselves in the bulls eye. Where he messed up.

Warren Buffet and all the other billiionaires bet they don't declare, if anything, they kick in.

Like that lotto winner she came out in full glory all the money she won after taxes. Never in a million yrs. would I had opened my mouth !

Honored Contributor

No one's jealous.  

My sole opinion on the point that was being made in this thread:  

If you flaunt the wealth and collect it aggressively for yourself and your own benefit, you should give it back just as aggressively especially to those in such desperate need many of whom were probably some of the people who gave it to you in the first place.  

And furthermore, especially if you are going to pat yourself on the back about it and advertise it to the world.  It's called tact and I think he needs some more of it in this regard.    

Contributor

Please people, Dr. Phil is one of the biggest headline hunters the world as known.  He sticks his nose into topics he should really stay away from but because they have already made the news he seeks them out. I no longer watch his program and am absolutely proud to say I am NO LONGER a fan of Dr. Phil. People, please get a life!

Contributor

Dear heart, Robin is his "trophy wife" and playing her to the hilt is what most men like him do!

Respected Contributor

To me the true essence of giving is to do it and not tell anyone

about it ....

Honored Contributor

@loyalfashionista wrote:

Dear heart, Robin is his "trophy wife" and playing her to the hilt is what most men like him do!

@divagirl101  I can't believe I am going to defend this woman but I don't think of her as a "trophy wife."  To me, that term is demeaning.  They have been together a long time before the fame and fortune.  

And while I think both of them lack the true genuineness most human beings should have, maybe they don't come across well on tv and I'll leave them both to each other.  They really do seem to deserve the other one.    

Respected Contributor

@loyalfashionista wrote:

Please people, Dr. Phil is one of the biggest headline hunters the world as known.  He sticks his nose into topics he should really stay away from but because they have already made the news he seeks them out. I no longer watch his program and am absolutely proud to say I am NO LONGER a fan of Dr. Phil. People, please get a life!

Get a life?

It appears you are so invested in this man that you found it necessary to come here to talk about someone you claim you are no longer a fan of.

I suspect a lot of people watch him for entertainment value only. That's how I perceive him. Just another reality show personality.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Wow, not for nothing but judging the amount of the donation is petty and ridiculous.  Unless are married to him or responsible for his books, it shouldn't matter how much is spent imo.

He's the one who put it out there...

@tansy

El Cheapo should have kept it to himself.

That's what I thought, @QueenDanceALot. He thought it was a good amount or he wouldn't have put it out there..

I'm really surprised.

@febe1

Honestly?  25 grand IS a "good amount", in my estimation.  I have no idea what his financial commitments are or what would be an "appropriate" amount based on his financial status.

I kind of cringe at his mentioning the amount, though.  It sounds braggy to me when someone does that.  But, in the end, as long as needed funds get to people (and animals!) who need them, that's all that really matters to me.

Respected Contributor

If I were in charge of a foundation that was trying to raise money to help others and someone handed me over a check for $25000 I can assure you I would say thank you. I would not bother to worry about their bank account either. I think that amount is a very nice donation. Thank you Dr. Phil your help is much appreciated by the people who make good use of  your donation.