Honored Contributor

Wow, not for nothing but judging the amount of the donation is petty and ridiculous.  Unless you are married to him or responsible for his books, it shouldn't matter how much is spent imo.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Wow, not for nothing but judging the amount of the donation is petty and ridiculous.  Unless are married to him or responsible for his books, it shouldn't matter how much is spent imo.

He's the one who put it out there...

Honored Contributor

@LeeA7 wrote:

When you also take into consideration that he is from Texas it does sound low. I don't know how much of his own money he gave but JJ Watt has raised 22 million.

@LeeA7  Not really.  He was born in Oklahoma, lived in his younger years in Texas, but went to high school in Kansas.

His "good ol' Texas boy" is just schtick.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I don't know how philanthropic Dr. Phil is but I do know he has been sued for slapping his name on ventures that aren't as they are advertised to make a buck.  On the flip side, I am tired of people being dogged out for their contributions as I often wonder how many other foundations they may be donating to on a regular basis plus I also wonder how many of them actually cut the check in the long run.  Being that Dr. Phil is from TX I guess I would have thought he could up the ante a bit but as long as his check clears and actually goes to a charity I am fine with it.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Still doesn't matter imo, the point is he did so, period.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Still doesn't matter imo, the point is he did so, period.

I agree.  At this time of year,many of us have already made donations to numerous charities.  We don't know what else/who else, he's given to.  I've been involved in lots of fundraising events in the past, and the general motto is, "every donation counts". 

No one has to give  anything!

Honored Contributor

@LeeA7 wrote:

When you also take into consideration that he is from Texas it does sound low. I don't know how much of his own money he gave but JJ Watt has raised 22 million.

@LeeA7 $27 million!  Amazing!

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Wow, not for nothing but judging the amount of the donation is petty and ridiculous.  Unless are married to him or responsible for his books, it shouldn't matter how much is spent imo.

@tansy

El Cheapo should have kept it to himself.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I don't know how philanthropic Dr. Phil is but I do know he has been sued for slapping his name on ventures that aren't as they are advertised to make a buck.  On the flip side, I am tired of people being dogged out for their contributions as I often wonder how many other foundations they may be donating to on a regular basis plus I also wonder how many of them actually cut the check in the long run.  Being that Dr. Phil is from TX I guess I would have thought he could up the ante a bit but as long as his check clears and actually goes to a charity I am fine with it.

@momtochloe

I am getting tired of hearing people getting called out for how much they gave.

About as tired of people who say they're giving and then they never seem to.

Honored Contributor

Maybe all the critics should post their household income, expenses, and amounts they've given to charity.